+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VisitorVisa_from_USA

naveennivi

Nov 20, 2017
Hi frnz,
I have submitted my online application on Oct31st. Still i didnt receive the Visa approval :-(
How long it will take?
I have my US visa valid till Dec25th.I thought of visiting Canada before leaving from US.
Its a right decision to send my passport once I received the approval letter before December?
Please guide me.
-Naveen

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi frnz,
I have submitted my online application on Oct31st. Still i didnt receive the Visa approval :-(
How long it will take?
I have my US visa valid till Dec25th.I thought of visiting Canada before leaving from US.
Its a right decision to send my passport once I received the approval letter before December?
Please guide me.
-Naveen
It could take any length of time for a TRV decision especially if you have temporary status in the US presently.

If you get a passport request, you can submit your passport to the nearest VAC/CSC i.e. either NY/LA

naveennivi

Nov 20, 2017
Thank you for your reply.
NY is the nearest.
May I know the maximum business days involved between sending the passport and collecting it back?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Once i received the visa approved letter,Can i visit the NY visa Center in person for stamping the visa? to avoid the transit time and I can collect my passport on the same day?
1/ No, the passport isn't "stamped" at the VAC, they send to the consulate for that.

Nkj222

Nov 22, 2017
I've applied online for a Canada Transit Visa on Oct 30, still waiting to get a response. The current processing time is 19 days for applications from USA.

@Bryanna - Do you know if Transit Visa also takes that long?

Unlike Visitors Visa, the documentation requirements were minimal and I've not uploaded I-797 or Financial Support as it was not mentioned in the supporting document list. Do you know if they will require them?

Getting anxious as I do need to get a decision/request for passport by next week to allow enough time for my visa stamping on passport before my travel date.

Last edited:

dinhtam92

Nov 22, 2017
I applied on Oct 31 and did not receive any response either.
Can you guys share your application status here too?

Nkj222

Nov 22, 2017
@naveennivi @dinhtam92 Have you guys received any updates yet? I'm also on the same boat, applied on Oct 30, no response yet. Can you please share if you've submitted I-797 approval notice in your online application?

Nkj222

Nov 22, 2017
Yes. I got passport request on 11/24. I sent it on 11/25. Hopefully will get it back soon.

Best of luck to you!
@dinhtam92 Congrats! Thanks for the update. Just need little more info - can you share the following information :
1) Have you included I-797 approval notice (or any other optional documents) with your online application?
2) Los Angeles or New York Consulate office?
3) Did you apply for Visitor or Transit visa?

I'm in California, so I assume mine will be processing in the LA office.

Last edited:

dinhtam92

Nov 22, 2017
@dinhtam92 Congrats! Thanks for the update. Just need little more info - can you share the following information :
1) Have you included I-797 approval notice (or any other optional documents) with your online application?
2) Los Angeles or New York Consulate office?
3) Did you apply for Visitor or Transit visa?

I'm in California, so I assume mine will be processing in the LA office.
1. I don't know what I-797 is. I googled it. Is it for H1 status? I'm a F1 student, currently on OPT.

2. LA. I sent to VAC.

3. Visitor visa

Nkj222

Nov 22, 2017
1. I don't know what I-797 is. I googled it. Is it for H1 status? I'm a F1 student, currently on OPT.

2. LA. I sent to VAC.

3. Visitor visa
Thank you very much! Yes, I-797 for H-1B visa. I believe the equivalent for you is I-20. I forgot to provide my I-797 as it was not mentioned in the required documents for the Transit Visa. But later I realized that I should have provided it as an optional document. I was wondering if that could be the reason I didn't get a response within 2 to 3 weeks time.

Hopefully, you will get your passports with visa stamp on time for your travel. Good luck!

Nkj222

Nov 22, 2017
@Bryanna - I've submitted CSE and sent emails to Los Angeles office at los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca last week, but no response yet. Do you think they check each and every emails, even if they though don't respond to them. I submitted my online application for transit visa on Oct 30 but no request for passport yet. Please let me know if there is anything I could do to expedite the processing.