+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitors visa from india rejected,please advise

rajimukil

Aug 27, 2009
Applied for my parents from India. Reasons given for rejection:

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. Your travel history.
2.There is no sufficient document provided your/your hosts income and asserts.

so my question is
1.my parents never travel in aboard so what that mean travel history
2.i shown my bank statement(in Canada) 20,000$ and my parents shown in India 13,00,000 RS on bank statement+asserts statement from chatted account .And my parents retired government employees.

So Kindly Let me know what is the best way of reapplying.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Travel history:
Generally, countries for which visas are granted after thorough scrutiny are considered as 'Travel History'.... it is not necessary to have traveled abroad to be granted a Canada TRV.... previous travel history only indicates that the applicant is more likely to return home after the visit.

Your parents financial situation:
Finances shown were more than adequate.... hope none of this money was transferred to their bank accounts shortly before applying..... also what documents did they submit to prove finances and assets?

What documents did you provide as their Host?

What is a "chatted account"? Did you mean a 'Chartered Accountant'?

What other ties did your parents show.... for eg: property/other family ties/other responsibilities and obligations in India?

rajimukil

Aug 27, 2009
HI,
Thank you for your reply.

Yes the amounts were transferred to their bank account and mine are shortly before the submission. My parents submit their bank statement, pension details, land details(house, agricultural land etc.,).

I submit my family PR card, bank statement, invitation letter, salary certificates, passport copies.

A Chartered Accountant (CA) is one who typically proves the holder has the qualifications to audit financial statements.

other ties: My younger brother in India with his family, will submit their tax return, will do agriculture in their land and pay the electricity bill and house taxes. And also they won a house in India also rented a house.

Hi,

Travel history:
Generally, countries for which visas are granted after thorough scrutiny are considered as 'Travel History'.... it is not necessary to have traveled abroad to be granted a Canada TRV.... previous travel history only indicates that the applicant is more likely to return home after the visit.

Your parents financial situation:
Finances shown were more than adequate.... hope none of this money was transferred to their bank accounts shortly before applying..... also what documents did they submit to prove finances and assets?

What documents did you provide as their Host?

What is a "chatted account"? Did you mean a 'Chartered Accountant'?

What other ties did your parents show.... for eg: property/other family ties/other responsibilities and obligations in India?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Yes the amounts were transferred to their bank account and mine are shortly before the submission.
This is why they were refused ie *There is no sufficient document provided your/your hosts income and assets*

Can you prove that the money in your + your parents bank accounts was rightfully earned by you and your parents? Or maybe transferred from some other financial investments owned by you/your parents? And it was not borrowed for the visa applications?

You may want to reapply by showing:
a. Property/House Ownership: Sale Deed (translated into English, if required) + property evaluation with proofs + property tax receipts + if there's no loan/mortgage then state this

b. Agricultural Land: Ownership documents + land evaluation + income earned (is this income earned by your parents or by your brother?)

c. Rented House: Do your parents stay in a rented house? Or have they rented their house to someone else? Either way they can submit Lease/Rent Agreement + proofs of rent earned/paid, etc

d. Family Ties: If your parents live with your brother and his family

e. Pension details + other financial investments/income

Even if a CA prepares an Assets-Liabilities statement, you must still provide proofs for each component of the assessment.

If your brother manages the farming + pays taxes/electricity bills, etc then this could go against your parents strong ties.... you may want to show that your parents are involved in some way with supervising the farming activities (as a reason to return to India, if that's the case)

Hope this helps :)

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Bryanna said:
Hi,
This is why they were refused ie *There is no sufficient document provided your/your hosts income and assets*

Can you prove that the money in your + your parents bank accounts was rightfully earned by you and your parents? Or maybe transferred from some other financial investments owned by you/your parents? And it was not borrowed for the visa applications?

You may want to reapply by showing:
a. Property/House Ownership: Sale Deed (translated into English, if required) + property evaluation with proofs + property tax receipts + if there's no loan/mortgage then state this

b. Agricultural Land: Ownership documents + land evaluation + income earned (is this income earned by your parents or by your brother?)

c. Rented House: Do your parents stay in a rented house? Or have they rented their house to someone else? Either way they can submit Lease/Rent Agreement + proofs of rent earned/paid, etc

d. Family Ties: If your parents live with your brother and his family

e. Pension details + other financial investments/income

Even if a CA prepares an Assets-Liabilities statement, you must still provide proofs for each component of the assessment.

If your brother manages the farming + pays taxes/electricity bills, etc then this could go against your parents strong ties.... you may want to show that your parents are involved in some way with supervising the farming activities (as a reason to return to India, if that's the case)

Hope this helps :)
I have a similar case; I am now worried. For my MIL's application I am preparing to "reapply"; the funds were mobilized from my FIL's account to MIL's bank account to be able to provide the consolidated view of the funds in her A/c (instead of multiple accounts). That would be about 2-3 weeks before the application date.

In regards to your above statement, how can I prove it? Can attaching the bank statement from FIL and making a note like 'they were mobilized internally, to provide a summary view' will suffice... any other clarity that can be provided? Please advise. thank you.

coco4

Sep 2, 2014
rajimukil said:
Applied for my parents from India. Reasons given for rejection:

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. Your travel history.
2.There is no sufficient document provided your/your hosts income and asserts.

so my question is
1.my parents never travel in aboard so what that mean travel history
2.i shown my bank statement(in Canada) 20,000$ and my parents shown in India 13,00,000 RS on bank statement+asserts statement from chatted account .And my parents retired government employees.

So Kindly Let me know what is the best way of reapplying.

I have a similar case as well.. and this is really idiotic.... can you share your time. when did you apply for the visa and when did receive this update? I've applied from new delhi..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
boltz said:
I have a similar case; I am now worried. For my MIL's application I am preparing to "reapply"; the funds were mobilized from my FIL's account to MIL's bank account to be able to provide the consolidated view of the funds in her A/c (instead of multiple accounts). That would be about 2-3 weeks before the application date.

In regards to your above statement, how can I prove it? Can attaching the bank statement from FIL and making a note like 'they were mobilized internally, to provide a summary view' will suffice... any other clarity that can be provided? Please advise. thank you.
In the case of your MIL, you are providing a Letter of Financial Support from your FIL, right?

Also, your MIL earns an income from the agricultural land.... is it credited to her bank account?

Does she have any joint bank accounts with your FIL? Any joint investments with your FIL too?

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Bryanna said:
In the case of your MIL, you are providing a Letter of Financial Support from your FIL, right?

Also, your MIL earns an income from the agricultural land.... is it credited to her bank account?

Does she have any joint bank accounts with your FIL? Any joint investments with your FIL too?
No, I was not getting any letter of financial support fron FIL. I was initially planning to do so, however since the money is deferred to her own account, I decided to not to. There was no use, I felt :(

Yes there is income from farming for mil, as well filed taxes each year (have supporting balance sheet, p&L account calculations used for tax filing). however the finances are not managed through bank account most of the time. ???

No joint accounts, joint investments.

Sorry, all your thought provoking Qs here, - seems I donot have an 'yes' answer... Am starting to worry now.

My 1st appln did not have any financial refusal reasons marked... However it was joint ; now it's single. Though my financial support is strong- meaning my job or bank history is stable.

Any further Qs you can ask? So I can keep my thinking on... Ask a ton...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You're thinking quite a bit LOL

It's your MIL's financial situation - and not yours - which will be assessed.... how will your MIL show liquid finances? Is the amount in her bank account sufficient?

If your FIL's financial situation is strong + his ties to India are strong then he can reapply with your MIL.... it's just a suggestion

Cheers

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Bryanna said:
Hi,

You're thinking quite a bit LOL

It's your MIL's financial situation - and not yours - which will be assessed.... how will your MIL show liquid finances? Is the amount in her bank account sufficient?

If your FIL's financial situation is strong + his ties to India are strong then he can reapply with your MIL.... it's just a suggestion

Cheers
Yes, amt in her bank a/c is about rs. 5 Lakhs... However the issue is the funds were routed from my Fil's account about 2-3 weeks ago.