+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's Visa for my wife b4 PR???

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Friends,

I just got married in my home country and I am a Canada permanent resident, I just want to know if I can bring my wife to Canada on a visitor's visa because it is faster than applying for a PR for her from outside canada. I want her to come on a visitors visa and then apply for PR for her while she's here in canada but a colleague said it is impossible since am a PR. Please help me if you have any idea about this... Thanks!

David

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
I think you need to apply for PR.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
A visitor visa is usually given for not more than 6 months. I had problems getting her here on a visitor visa, but in my case I hold a valid work permit and no PR yet. Try doing a little more research because they always believe or assume that your wife will not leave the country because of her family ties.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi immigrationaspirant,

a visitor visa for his wife is not an issue here because she eventually will become a PR under the spousal category,so there is less worries for the visa officer that she will over stay.
once she is in canada she can apply for an extension of her visitor's visa either online or paper based application to the CPC-vegreville alberta.
also once she is in canada her husband can file for her pr application IN-LAND and once the first stage is approved she will be eligible for an open work permit until she become a permanent resident.