+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's Visa Application for a Family living in 2 Countries

ahlam16

Jun 18, 2016
Hi Everyone

We are a family of 6 adults (Indian Passport holders), 3 of us stay in UAE (my wife, child and myself) and the remaining 3 members (my children) are studying in India. I'm the head and the sponsor of the family and I'm working in UAE. We are holders of USA Visitor Visa and shall be visiting the country this summer, and so we decided to visit Canada as well for a few days. My children will fly down to UAE and then we will leave for USA from UAE together. I would like to inquire how should we apply for Canadian Visitor visa from different countries. Initially our plan was thet my 3 children will apply from India and the remaining 3 of us will apply online from UAE. But when my 3 children in India submitted their application from India through a consultant along with a letter of sponsorship signed by me, their visa request was not approved. Now I'm in a dilemma as to how to sort out our visa issue. Can I apply for them from here or is there any way to sort this issue out? Please let me know if you need to know any other information to provide an answer. Your help is much appreciated.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

There's one workable suggestion.... however, you may have to change your travel plans for that.

You may want to consider applying online by giving an India residence address for yourself/wife/child + three kids.

You/your wife/child (UAE) must demonstrate your strong ties to the UAE and India..... whereas your three children residing in India must demonstrate their strong ties to India.

If your TRVs are approved, you can either:
Option 1

Submit your passports at a India VAC/VFS nearest to the India address which you will provide. You will have to travel to India for visa stamping in this case.

You can carry your wife/child's passports out of the UAE (you'll need two authorization letters from them..... one letter for carrying the passports out of the UAE + second authorization letter for submitting their passports to VFS for the visa stamping).

Option 2
You can request the UAE visa office to allow your three kids residing in India + you/your wife/your child's to submit all your passports in the UAE for visa stamping.... as the kids will be visiting the UAE

BTW if approved, you will get 30 days to submit the passports for visa stamping.... so you can work out your travel plans accordingly ie whether to submit the passports in India or the UAE for visa stamping

ahlam16

Jun 18, 2016
Thank you Bryanna for your kind response! Since that is slightly tricky for us, we were hoping to apply for the visa when we visit USA, from NY. Is this a good idea? I've people have done this and got their visa in a day! Is it possible?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Current estimated processing time is 13 days for US applications. It's not possible to get a TRV is one day.

You can find more information here: http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_centres

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bryanna said:
Current estimated processing time is 13 days for US applications. It's not possible to get a TRV is one day.

You can find more information here: http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_centres
And some people wait weeks or even months. I would certainly not wait until you get to the US to apply for the TRV. I would obtain them before you travel.