+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitors record and unauthorized work for PGWP

mangoflow

Nov 18, 2021
hey! i havent been able to find a situation like mine.

So I applied for PGWP in November, I recieved confirmation of graduation in August, and I'd been working part time all that time.

I sent a letter of explanation apologizing, and I quit my job the minute I realized I had been working unauthorized.

however, in my letter of explanation, I may have leaned into wanting to stay too hard. Does that qualify as single intent? do PGWP get rejected for single intent? I havent found that.

on top of this, my lawyer advised me to apply for a visitors record before my student permit expires (it expires end of november). will my visitors record be turned down because I also applied for PGWP?

I feel so lost- any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
hey! i havent been able to find a situation like mine.

So I applied for PGWP in November, I recieved confirmation of graduation in August, and I'd been working part time all that time.

I sent a letter of explanation apologizing, and I quit my job the minute I realized I had been working unauthorized.

however, in my letter of explanation, I may have leaned into wanting to stay too hard. Does that qualify as single intent? do PGWP get rejected for single intent? I havent found that.

on top of this, my lawyer advised me to apply for a visitors record before my student permit expires (it expires end of november). will my visitors record be turned down because I also applied for PGWP?

I feel so lost- any advice is greatly appreciated.
No one can give you the correct answer except the officer processing your case. I see so many students doing the same mistakes, as after you are getting your final grade, you are not officially a student and have to stop working, even part time. Don't worry yourself too much, usually they are lenient towards these kinds of mistakes. Regarding your visitor record, I don't see the necessity for you to apply, since you already applied before the expiration your study permit for PGWP. Did you receive the Extension letter after applying for PGWP?

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
I think the purpose of the suggestion of visitor record from your lawyer was, in case your PGWP was refused you would have a status in Canada. I don't think they are going to refuse because your PGWP application, However, you would need an explanation for applying for visitor record. and yes you have to apply before the expiration your status, otherwise you cannot do it and if your PGWP would be accepted, they are going to cancel your application for visitor record, since you already will have a temporary status (considering you'll get your PGWP before VR).

Last edited: