+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors extension processing time is taking too long.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello. I’m from the United States and I applied for a visitors extension in Canada to stay with my girlfriend until I apply for a study permit at the POE. I applied in September and it seems that the application processing time is going to be a lot longer then I expected. To be honest by the time I’m ready to go and apply for my study permit my visitors extension probably won’t be processed fully and that concerns me. Would I face any problems? Please help.

California2Canada

Apr 25, 2017
I don't totally understand your question/situation so I'd listen to someone else for a full answer but in case it helps, I do know that you are under Implied Status once you've applied, which means you can remain in Canada until you get an answer even if it's after your original exit date.

I'm American and my wife is Canadian. My 6 months ran out early July and I applied for an extension a month before. I only last week (4 months later) got the approval and letter in the mail. They gave me 6 more months, but actually did it from the processing date (Oct) instead of from the application date (June). So it gave even more time than planned; my exit date now is in April. So yes, your extension may take awhile, but if you don't need to leave Canada, you can stay until you get your approval and then for as long as it says. Hope that helps a little!

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I don't totally understand your question/situation so I'd listen to someone else for a full answer but in case it helps, I do know that you are under Implied Status once you've applied, which means you can remain in Canada until you get an answer even if it's after your original exit date.

I'm American and my wife is Canadian. My 6 months ran out early July and I applied for an extension a month before. I only last week (4 months later) got the approval and letter in the mail. They gave me 6 more months, but actually did it from the processing date (Oct) instead of from the application date (June). So it gave even more time than planned; my exit date now is in April. So yes, your extension may take awhile, but if you don't need to leave Canada, you can stay until you get your approval and then for as long as it says. Hope that helps a little!
Thanks for the response! Maybe I confused you a bit with my situation, but my schooling starts in January. I have to apply to get my study permit and I was going to go to buffalo to apply at the border. I want them to know I was here legally under implied status but I wasn’t sure if Im allowed to apply for another permit after applying for my extension already.