+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors did fraud theft on my property

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello,

we had applied visitor visa of our relative to come and attend the function. But when they landed they were in continuously touch with some agent who was directing them to do certain things like getting a driver license , opening bank accounts. We were under suspicion that they were also going to run away and work on cash jobs. So we booked their flights and drop them to airport to go back. But whats coming after is shocking is that they stolen some things from our house, i received his driver license, and came to know he opened bank accounts as well on my address.

When talking to them on call giving us reasons to this they started yelling and giving death threats to us as they are planning to come again in a month or so as they get multiple entry visa. I am in touch with enforcement already but still need advice if this happened to others and what are the correct channels to report and advice immigration about this as their plans might be to come and work without authorization and get lmia or something.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

we had applied visitor visa of our relative to come and attend the function. But when they landed they were in continuously touch with some agent who was directing them to do certain things like getting a driver license , opening bank accounts. We were under suspicion that they were also going to run away and work on cash jobs. So we booked their flights and drop them to airport to go back. But whats coming after is shocking is that they stolen some things from our house, i received his driver license, and came to know he opened bank accounts as well on my address.

When talking to them on call giving us reasons to this they started yelling and giving death threats to us as they are planning to come again in a month or so as they get multiple entry visa. I am in touch with enforcement already but still need advice if this happened to others and what are the correct channels to report and advice immigration about this as their plans might be to come and work without authorization and get lmia or something.
You can contact CBSA fraud line and report their plans to work illegally in Canada. You can also contact IRCC to withdraw your invitation letter and explain that they have taken steps to live in Canada permanently so you are no longer wanting to invite them to Canada or support their visit. Other than that nothing will likely happen. If they are able to enter Canada it’s much harder to do anything so preventing them from entering Canada is your best chance of having any action.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html