+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors and Outland PR Spouse both in-progress

ramkk

May 29, 2018
Hello,
one of my close friends applied for an outland PR Spouse application and applied for Visitors as well (after submitting the PR Outland application). He got a Biometric fee request for the visitor visa. After he paid, he got the Biometric and Medial request for his PR Spouse application. Now his wife has finished both Bio and Medicals. The question is was the biometrics and medicals request given for PR or for the visitors? you think IRCC would have had both application processing simultaneously with the UCI# or IME# or IRCC# ? Anyone having both applications in-progress and have similar stories. Please let me know.

narayananajithkumar

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
Hello,
one of my close friends applied for an outland PR Spouse application and applied for Visitors as well (after submitting the PR Outland application). He got a Biometric fee request for the visitor visa. After he paid, he got the Biometric and Medial request for his PR Spouse application. Now his wife has finished both Bio and Medicals. The question is was the biometrics and medicals request given for PR or for the visitors? you think IRCC would have had both application processing simultaneously with the UCI# or IME# or IRCC# ? Anyone having both applications in-progress and have similar stories. Please let me know.
Biometric given for one would be updated for both....My Spousal PR biometric mail was apparently lost in mail according to IRCC....and my request for new Biometric mail was getting delayed ...... I applied for visit visa for my wife a bit later for which the biometric request mail was sent immediately...once that was done and updated in the system, it got updated in her PR GCKEY account within a week

ramkk

May 29, 2018
Biometric given for one would be updated for both....My Spousal PR biometric mail was apparently lost in mail according to IRCC....and my request for new Biometric mail was getting delayed ...... I applied for visit visa for my wife a bit later for which the biometric request mail was sent immediately...once that was done and updated in the system, it got updated in her PR GCKEY account within a week
Thanks! so then how long did it take to get your visitors after the biometrics got updated ? You're talking in past tense so I guess you got the visa already for PR and Visitors ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
You can send a webform to IRCC saying that the spouse has already completed biometric for the sponsorship application. There is no need to repeat. The spouse will then get a refund for the second biometric request.

ramkk

May 29, 2018
You can send a webform to IRCC saying that the spouse has already completed biometric for the sponsorship application. There is no need to repeat. The spouse will then get a refund for the second biometric request.
Yeah, maybe I can do that. But I did not get any second biometric requests separately for Visitors. So, I guess I'll have to wait for the system to update bio and medicals accordingly for both.

narayananajithkumar

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
Thanks! so then how long did it take to get your visitors after the biometrics got updated ? You're talking in past tense so I guess you got the visa already for PR and Visitors ?
oh I wish... I am still waiting for both PR and visit visa passport requests.....For PR, it is in the background checking stage......seeing several ghost updates for the past month and the half....do not have any update on Visit visa yet......have contacted the regional MP to assist with the matter and they are looking into the matter.....hopefully should receive an update soon

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi i am applying for visitor visa online
After adding all the education and job information correctly its not letting me go ahead
Showing that after 18 years of age bla bla
So should i skip that thing and put unemployed can u guys guide ?

ramkk

May 29, 2018
oh I wish... I am still waiting for both PR and visit visa passport requests.....For PR, it is in the background checking stage......seeing several ghost updates for the past month and the half....do not have any update on Visit visa yet......have contacted the regional MP to assist with the matter and they are looking into the matter.....hopefully should receive an update soon
Oh I see. So what's your timeline btw ? Like when did you apply and other stuff ?

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
I did the same thing as you. Applied for outland spouse sponsorship in November, 2021 and visitors visa in January, 2022. Completed biometrics request for visitors which was also updated to our sponsorship application and we got refund for the biometrics paid during sponsorship application. They rejected visitors visa saying the individuals intention to return to home country was insufficient.
Most cases they reject visitors visa when you have a pr application in progress due to obvious reasons.
Maybe you'll get a different outcome.

ramkk

May 29, 2018
I did the same thing as you. Applied for outland spouse sponsorship in November, 2021 and visitors visa in January, 2022. Completed biometrics request for visitors which was also updated to our sponsorship application and we got refund for the biometrics paid during sponsorship application. They rejected visitors visa saying the individuals intention to return to home country was insufficient.
Most cases they reject visitors visa when you have a pr application in progress due to obvious reasons.
So, did you eventually get your PR spouse ? If so, how long was it after the rejection of your visitors ?

narayananajithkumar

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
Oh, that is not good.....they are yet to respond to the visit visa application.....i did not get biometric request refund yet though...

It is varying for some though.....I have a friend who applied for Spousal PR request in december 202 and visit visa request in april....he got visit visa ppr but his pr process ha not yet started..not even AOR

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Oh, that is not good.....they are yet to respond to the visit visa application.....i did not get biometric request refund yet though...

It is varying for some though.....I have a friend who applied for Spousal PR request in december 202 and visit visa request in april....he got visit visa ppr but his pr process ha not yet started..not even AOR
Yes it definitely varies from person to person. If you can show strong connection to back home there is a good chance they will approve it.
But let's be honest you're applying to permanently settle down in one application and then you're saying no I'll go back when my visa expires in your visitors application. Sounds kinda fishy doesn't it?
That's where most people get their rejection from as the officer reviewing your file has the same thought process and think they will not go back.
They should have some sort of service where people can be with their family while they wait decision specially with these long wait times and backlogs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it definitely varies from person to person. If you can show strong connection to back home there is a good chance they will approve it.
But let's be honest you're applying to permanently settle down in one application and then you're saying no I'll go back when my visa expires in your visitors application. Sounds kinda fishy doesn't it?
That's where most people get their rejection from as the officer reviewing your file has the same thought process and think they will not go back.
They should have some sort of service where people can be with their family while they wait decision specially with these long wait times and backlogs.
It is very difficult and expensive to deport people from Canada which is why Canada prefers to approve couples when they outside Canada. This is especially the case when there is little in person relationship before marriage. If Canada approved all spouses to come to Canada and wait it would create lots of opportunity for immigration fraud. Canada has become more flexible. Before Covid almost zero spouse got approved for TRVs. Now a decent portion get approved especially if it has been over a year since their application has been in process.

ramkk

May 29, 2018
That is true on having some process to be with your family during the process of PR for your spouse. I see everyone's timeline and process is so different from one another. Hope you'll get your approval soon. BTW, did you get your sponsor eligibility approved? At which stage of your PR Spouse application you are at ?