Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I immigrated from Iran to Canada in January 2016 and became a Canadian citizen in the summer of 2020. It has now been six years, and I want to invite my mother to come for a visit. My mother does not have any income or allowance to her name, and my brother looks after her; I also support her financially on a month-to-month basis.

From what I have gathered, the visitor needs to have a stable balance of several thousands of dollars in their account to receive approval from the Immigration agent. Is this true?

My spouse and I have full-time jobs and are financially stable; we can cover all living costs during her visit.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I immigrated from Iran to Canada in January 2016 and became a Canadian citizen in the summer of 2020. It has now been six years, and I want to invite my mother to come for a visit. My mother does not have any income or allowance to her name, and my brother looks after her; I also support her financially on a month-to-month basis.

From what I have gathered, the visitor needs to have a stable balance of several thousands of dollars in their account to receive approval from the Immigration agent. Is this true?

My spouse and I have full-time jobs and are financially stable; we can cover all living costs during her visit.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Would suggest applying for a supervisa.

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
Thank you for your suggestion, Canuck78. Could you kindly expand on that a little further? Based on my research, they'll analyze our financial situation, which would be perfect; but does that mean that if we meet all the requirements, she's in the clear on the economic front?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your suggestion, Canuck78. Could you kindly expand on that a little further? Based on my research, they'll analyze our financial situation, which would be perfect; but does that mean that if we meet all the requirements, she's in the clear on the economic front?

Thanks!
You will need to submit your NOAs to show you meet LICO for the number of people in your family including your mother. If you can provide this information then you meet the requirements of a supervisa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks!
She will still need to show her own savings, property, ties to Iran but a supervisa is primarily based on the person in Canada’s finances where as a TRV is primarily based on the visitors finances and other ties.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will need to submit your NOAs to show you meet LICO for the number of people in your family including your mother. If you can provide this information then you meet the requirements of a supervisa.
Supervisa still not guaranteed if you meet LICO but if you do meet LICO you and apply and have a good chance of being approved. If you got status in Canada as a refugee or there is instability on your home country and there is concern you may not return to your home country there is increased chances of refusal. All you can do is apply and see what happens.

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
Canuck78 & Naturgrl, thank you for your guidance; I appreciate it!