+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor >>> Work Permit (under new Public Policy) Anyone??

simplexxx

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi Guys:

I applied for an LMIA-exemption Work Permit not long ago;
Then the new Public Policy came out last Monday.
I applied it through IRCC-WebForm right away. Still waiting...

Anyone else in the same situation?

Any updates? :D

Last edited:

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
Hi when I call cic 18882422100 to check status of my visitor it doesn’t go through it say the cic number is not valid ?.. what the problem with landline of cic?

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Hi Guys:

I applied for an LMIA-exemption Work Permit not long ago;
Then the new Public Policy came out last Monday.
I applied it through IRCC-WebForm right away. Still waiting...

Anyone else in the same situation?

Any updates? :D
What documents did you provide? It is free to apply? Did the employer have to pay a fee?

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Hi, I got the LMIA - exemption under AIPP, my employer provided me the number I’m not sure if he paid for it or not.
And you applied using the Webform correct? Or need to do that using an online account?
What job did you receive? Perhaps my job i want can qualify for LMIA exempt.
What are all of the documents you submitted?
I am in Quebec, I think i have to go through additional steps.

simplexxx

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
And you applied using the Webform correct? Or need to do that using an online account?
What job did you receive? Perhaps my job i want can qualify for LMIA exempt.
What are all of the documents you submitted?
I am in Quebec, I think i have to go through additional steps.
Hi, I applied my work permit under AIPP, I sent out my paper application first. Not long after that, CIC had this new policy last summer for people who are applying for a work permit with LMIA or LMIA-exemption as they could send their info through webform as a priority request. Then I received my work permit around 3 weeks after I applied it. I’m not sure if you are in the same situation with me or not.

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Hi, I applied my work permit under AIPP, I sent out my paper application first. Not long after that, CIC had this new policy last summer for people who are applying for a work permit with LMIA or LMIA-exemption as they could send their info through webform as a priority request. Then I received my work permit around 3 weeks after I applied it. I’m not sure if you are in the same situation with me or not.
I am under implied-visitor status here in Quebec, I qualify for this public policy.
So you submitted your documents via webform. What documents exactly? Application form? Job offer letter? let me know all that you uploaded to the webform.

simplexxx

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I am under implied-visitor status here in Quebec, I qualify for this public policy.
So you submitted your documents via webform. What documents exactly? Application form? Job offer letter? let me know all that you uploaded to the webform.
That's good. Just to be clear, I applied for a new work permit (paper-based) before I applied for this new policy through webform.
I don't remember exactly which documents I uploaded through webform, but just in case I submitted all the. documents to proof that I had applied for a new work permit already, and the one from my employer including LMIA-exemption letter.

tepla_17

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
The public policy ended last March 2021. I was able to get my work permit through the policy
Hello,

Did you converted from Visitor to Work Permit from within Canada? Please let me know as I am planning to do the same.
Can you also share your timeline if possible?

Thanks