+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa_processing times changing quickly

Jun 17, 2019
Hi I applied for visitor visa on 1st of June and submitted for biometrics on 5th of June. At that time the processing shown was 22 days and as of today its showing 35 days. Since my flights are on next Tuesday, can someone advise if i should go with the processing time that was shown when i submitted my application or the current ones.

Thanks,

Kunal

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Should never book flights until have visa in hand given the processing are estimates only. In any case applying on June 1 for a flight June 25 even with 22 days was pretty ambitious. No way other than speculate your processing time but possible could be longer of the two no way to predict.

Jun 17, 2019
Should never book flights until have visa in hand given the processing are estimates only. In any case applying on June 1 for a flight June 25 even with 22 days was pretty ambitious. No way other than speculate your processing time but possible could be longer of the two no way to predict.
Actually the application clearly mentions that i need to attach my flight tickets at the time of submission so in that i was right to book the tickets in advance. However the closeness of the dates was ambitious i understand but that was due to an important family event to attend. Anyways i will wait i guess and reschedule my tickets

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Actually the application clearly mentions that i need to attach my flight tickets at the time of submission so in that i was right to book the tickets in advance. However the closeness of the dates was ambitious i understand but that was due to an important family event to attend. Anyways i will wait i guess and reschedule my tickets
You should have made reservations because processing time are just estimates. You are always advised on that... what if you were refused?.
Remember nobody is entitled to a visa

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The flight tickets are just a suggestion to fulfill the requirement and are no guarantee of TRV approval. I know it's written in the checklist, but it's irresponsible of IRCC to say this on their website. No one should buy flights until a visa is approved and received.

To answer your previous question, you should go by whatever the currently posted time is, which as of today is 35 days.

Jun 17, 2019
The flight tickets are just a suggestion to fulfill the requirement and are no guarantee of TRV approval. I know it's written in the checklist, but it's irresponsible of IRCC to say this on their website. No one should buy flights until a visa is approved and received.

To answer your previous question, you should go by whatever the currently posted time is, which as of today is 35 days.
Thanks for the reply. Will wait till then