+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

Teresa Ng

May 21, 2024
I am writing to inquire about the possibility of transferring my unused visitor visa from my expired Malaysian passport to my recently renewed passport.

I had applied for a visitor visa in early 2020 in anticipation of attending my daughter's convocation in Canada in May 2020. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, the convocation was canceled, and I was unable to utilize the visa. Subsequently, a new visitor visa with multiple entries was issued to me on 22/11/2021, valid until 06/06/2022. However, my previous Malaysian passport expired on 07/06/2022, rendering the visa unused.

Given these circumstances, I kindly request your consideration in transferring the unused visa to my new passport. I believe this would greatly facilitate my upcoming travel plans to Canada.

Enclosed with this letter are copies of my previous visa, passport expiration dates, and any other relevant documentation to support my request.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I kindly request a response regarding the status of my inquiry.

Sincerely,
Teresa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am writing to inquire about the possibility of transferring my unused visitor visa from my expired Malaysian passport to my recently renewed passport.

I had applied for a visitor visa in early 2020 in anticipation of attending my daughter's convocation in Canada in May 2020. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, the convocation was canceled, and I was unable to utilize the visa. Subsequently, a new visitor visa with multiple entries was issued to me on 22/11/2021, valid until 06/06/2022. However, my previous Malaysian passport expired on 07/06/2022, rendering the visa unused.

Given these circumstances, I kindly request your consideration in transferring the unused visa to my new passport. I believe this would greatly facilitate my upcoming travel plans to Canada.

Enclosed with this letter are copies of my previous visa, passport expiration dates, and any other relevant documentation to support my request.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I kindly request a response regarding the status of my inquiry.

Sincerely,
Teresa
This is not a government website. It is a public, volunteer forum. Contact IRCC.