+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I have submitted visitor visa online for my in-laws on April 8, 2022, Biometrics was done on April 14th and passport request on April 28, 2022.
Hi,

Can you please tell me what documents you submitted to show they have good financial status?

Thanks.

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
hello
Hi,

My mom's visitor visa application was rejected.

Reasons mentioned in the letter:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I had mentioned that she will visit Canada to spend time with me and visit a couple of tourist places close to where I am at. I am not sure why that purpose of visit is not acceptable.

My mom had provided the last 3 years of income tax returns and a FD that is in her name. What else can she provide to show she has better financial status?

Thanks in advance.
hello did u send webform? I applied for my mother thru new portal last April 17, 2022 and biometrics was done on April 18, 2022 up to now no reply.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
hello

hello did u send webform? I applied for my mother thru new portal last April 17, 2022 and biometrics was done on April 18, 2022 up to now no reply.
No I didn't submit the webform. But I got update exactly 1 month after the biometrics was submitted.

Baljeet Seniwal

Nov 1, 2021
Hi all,

I submitted online visitor visa application on the new portal for my mother on April 17 2022.
Her bio metrics was completed on April 22 2022. I am seeing that update on the portal.
The visa application is showing "in process".
Canadian Consulate : Bangalore, India.

Is there anyone else who submitted the visitor visa application around the same time-frame? I am trying to see how long does the visitor visa applications are taking at this time in India.

Thank you.
Hi
Did you receive any response regarding your visitor visa application?
I submitted my wife's visitor visa application on 20th May 2022, her biometrics were updated same day. After that the portal is showing that the application is still in progress.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi
Did you receive any response regarding your visitor visa application?
I submitted my wife's visitor visa application on 20th May 2022, her biometrics were updated same day. After that the portal is showing that the application is still in progress.
Yes, I got response exactly 1 month from the time the biometrics was submitted. It is very unpredictable. Someone my mom knows applied for their visa and they got response in 1 week from the time they submitted their biometrics. They are also from the same city as my mom.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022
Hi all,

I submitted online visitor visa application on the new portal for my mother on April 17 2022.
Her bio metrics was completed on April 22 2022. I am seeing that update on the portal.
The visa application is showing "in process".
Canadian Consulate : Bangalore, India.

Is there anyone else who submitted the visitor visa application around the same time-frame? I am trying to see how long does the visitor visa applications are taking at this time in India.

Thank you.
========================
I submitted the application on 14th April and biometrics on 24th April and until date the status is showing as under processing and this was done using the IRCC new portal and it is now more than 2 months since the application has been submitted waiting for PPR.

One of my collegue applied using the GCKey portal and he is able to see the status changing on daily basis looks like he may be able to get the approval to submit the passport soon

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
someone advised me on the forum to submit a webform in MAY, i did and below is the response i got...

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We have verified the information you provided and want to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay in answering your enquiry.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s). Rest assured the document(s) will be added on file shortly.

Furthermore, we would like to confirm that the information found in your online account is the most up-to-date, so no additional information can be provided by the Client Support Centre agents.

For this reason we invite you to continue to check your application status online. If you have outstanding questions, you may visit the contact us page and select the appropriate option for your enquiry: