+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

Tanvi Arora

Feb 3, 2021
Hello Guys, I have applied for visitor visa on 29th January, 2020. but there is no response so far. I am eligible for TRV and I am exempted from travel restrictions as I am wife of Canadian Citizen.

I applied my tourist visa from India but now I moved back to Doha, Qatar in March 2021 where I am working for last 11 years and was stuck in India for 1 year in 2020.
Online it was mentioned that for any inquires we suppose to ask questions through web form and queries will be answered in 14 business days. I filled in web form twice with all the relevant information and waited for 28 days but there is no response.

I updated IRCC that I work with Qatar Airways and I am being called back to join my job.

Has anybody faced the same issue? Is there any other way to find out the processing time of my application. Is there any contact number where they answer queries related to processing time of application of tourist visa.

My PR application is also in process from November2020 and it was already delayed due to Covid-19 so applied for tourist visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys, I have applied for visitor visa on 29th January, 2020. but there is no response so far. I am eligible for TRV and I am exempted from travel restrictions as I am wife of Canadian Citizen.

I applied my tourist visa from India but now I moved back to Doha, Qatar in March 2021 where I am working for last 11 years and was stuck in India for 1 year in 2020.
Online it was mentioned that for any inquires we suppose to ask questions through web form and queries will be answered in 14 business days. I filled in web form twice with all the relevant information and waited for 28 days but there is no response.

I updated IRCC that I work with Qatar Airways and I am being called back to join my job.

Has anybody faced the same issue? Is there any other way to find out the processing time of my application. Is there any contact number where they answer queries related to processing time of application of tourist visa.

My PR application is also in process from November2020 and it was already delayed due to Covid-19 so applied for tourist visa.
Just want to clarify that you are eligible to apply for a TRV but spouses of Canadian citizens aren’t guaranteed a TRV. Did you flag your application for priority processing?

Tanvi Arora

Feb 3, 2021
Just want to clarify that you are eligible to apply for a TRV but spouses of Canadian citizens aren’t guaranteed a TRV. Did you flag your application for priority processing?
Yes I am eligible and I suppose there is no guarantee, but online its mentioned that queries of web form will be answered in 14 working days and I enquired twice and waited for 28 days but there is no response.
If you can please provide me better understanding as in how can I flag it priority processing. Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I am eligible and I suppose there is no guarantee, but online its mentioned that queries of web form will be answered in 14 working days and I enquired twice and waited for 28 days but there is no response.
If you can please provide me better understanding as in how can I flag it priority processing. Thank you.
The 14 days is always an estimate. People often misunderstand that spouses of citizens and PRs getting travel exemption means that they will all get TRVs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html