+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

Tanvi Arora

Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I have applied for my visitor visa on 29th January from India to see my husband who is Canadian citizen. I submitted my Biometrics on 22nd Feb and since then I haven't heard anything from them. Can anyone please tell how long it takes for visitor visa or there is any way to find out how much longer its going to take for visa. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
5-6 months or more. Your biggest issue is that you are married to a Canadian citizen and should have (or have) applied for spousal sponsorship instead. Officers will know you know you are not coming to visit.

Tanvi Arora

Feb 3, 2021
5-6 months or more. Your biggest issue is that you are married to a Canadian citizen and should have (or have) applied for spousal sponsorship instead. Officers will know you know you are not coming to visit.
I have already applied for my PR in November and I am working with Qatar airways. I don't live in India anymore.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have already applied for my PR in November and I am working with Qatar airways. I don't live in India anymore.
If you live in Doha, processing for a visitor visa is about a year, I think. And if you don’t live in your home country (show strong ties) a visitor visa will be difficult. Wait for PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you followed the procedure to highlight that you meet the travel restrictions. Your application will be prioritized for processing although no guarantees it will be approved but you will get an answer faster than those who don’t meet the travel restrictions

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Hello everyone, I have applied for my visitor visa on 29th January from India to see my husband who is Canadian citizen. I submitted my Biometrics on 22nd Feb and since then I haven't heard anything from them. Can anyone please tell how long it takes for visitor visa or there is any way to find out how much longer its going to take for visa. Thank you.
If you have applied for PR, wait for it, since the processing time is almost the same as TRV for your case (spousal reunion).

Reactions: Winner Man