+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
hi All, I applied for my parents' visitor visa and they had biometrics done today in India. I am yet to see that biometrics update in the portal. How long does it take? What are the next steps if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi All, I applied for my parents' visitor visa and they had biometrics done today in India. I am yet to see that biometrics update in the portal. How long does it take? What are the next steps if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.
You just did it today! Next step is either medical or if medical is not required background checks.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello,

I got my PPR request for trv, applied inside Canada, anyone know if we can submit the passport outside Canada?

I will be traveling back home and not enough time to submit the passport inside Canada, I checked the PPR letter, it has a link to the IRCC website showing where to apply. When I go to link, it says about question 7(country of residence) and 9 (country where applying from) on the trv application and based on the answers for those questions, we need to choose where to apply. Based on the answers It is in Canada that I need to send the passport. In this case, anyone one know if we still can submit PP outside Canada?

please advise, thank you

Nikhil Patel msw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
First time applied
25 th March 2021
17 th August 2021 bio matrics
After that no results so
Second time applied
Applied 7 th May 2022 for patents
Bio updated same day
16th May PPR 2022

ssharma2

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Everyone
One of my family member's visitor visa extension got denied with a reason that they submitted application after their status expiry date but in reality they submitted 1st application 2 months before their status about to expire, but they missed attaching a form in the 1st application, so IRCC asked them to submit new application and by the time they submit 2nd application, their status was already expired. So they had no other option. What would be the best way to appeal this decision? Do we submit another application with an additional letter to explain our situation? Or how can you appeal visitor visa decision?

ss78

May 18, 2022
Hi, I applied for my minor child's Visitor Visa renewal on February 25, 2022 through Gc key. Me and my husband both have active visitor visa and all of us have active US Visit visa. We had been to Canada in 2019. Her eligibility review started on February 27,2022. Nothing since then, we have already changed our travel plans twice. Wondering what's taking so long?

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
Hello Guys please help me
I am applying for my parents visitor extension while they are in Canada but when they entered Canada in March, there was no stamp on their passport. How do I prove that they have cleared the immigration and already in Canada. However they have Indian stamp already.
Also, Can I apply extension through new portal or not?

Fatima7

Aug 11, 2020
Canada
I applied for visitor visa for both my parents and both submitted their biometrics in the same day. The new IRCC portal shows that they have enrolled in biometrics. However, my father’s application shows biometrics completed and for my mother it says still waiting to receive biometrics. My mother is the primary applicant. Is this normal?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I applied for visitor visa for both my parents and both submitted their biometrics in the same day. The new IRCC portal shows that they have enrolled in biometrics. However, my father’s application shows biometrics completed and for my mother it says still waiting to receive biometrics. My mother is the primary applicant. Is this normal?
Give it 24-48 hours, usually they're updated by then. If nothing happens after that time, contact the VFS centre that took the biometric, sometimes (if it's in India), they hold it to collect money (bribe) to continue the process.. or in their "clean" way .. of "selling you the 4000 rs. package per person as "VIP" and "lounge access" etc

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys please help me
I am applying for my parents visitor extension while they are in Canada but when they entered Canada in March, there was no stamp on their passport. How do I prove that they have cleared the immigration and already in Canada. However they have Indian stamp already.
Also, Can I apply extension through new portal or not?
It is recorded online. If no stamp they were given a 6 month stay.