Visitor Visa

mrunal.dave

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Ahmedabad, India
Category........
PNP
Hi All,
What r the chances to get Visitor visa for family if our file is active in express entry?

We do not received any nominations from any provinces.

When shall we apply visitor visa?

Thank you in advance...

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The applications should be treated separately as long as it's clear you'll leave at the end of your visit period; see here for more about dual intent.

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
I have applied TRV based on my postgraduate work permit to return to Canada, since May I haven’t received any decision and I am deeply worried, my work can expire, what is the possibility of getting the visa?

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
I have applied TRV based on my postgraduate work permit to return to Canada, since May I haven’t received any decision and I am deeply worried, my work can expire, what is the possibility of getting the visa?
No one knows. All you get to do is wait. Sad but what can we do?!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
What are the reasons I should provide that state that my intention is to leave canada in specified time and not to reside there.
Show that you have compelling ties to your home country, such as family, a house, a business, etc. It shouldn't look like you're uprooting your entire life since you're just meant to be visiting. You could also directly state in your letter of explanation that you are in the Express Entry pool but understand that you cannot live or work in Canada without PR, and will leave at the end of your authorized period of stay.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
From the operational manual:

The following applies to applicants from countries whose nationals require a visa:
  • For post-graduation work permit applications submitted from outside Canada, a TRV is issued upon approval of the post-graduation work permit.
  • For post-graduation work permit applications submitted from within Canada, a TRV is not issued upon approval of the application. The applicant must submit a separate TRV application if their TRV has expired, and they would like to travel outside Canada and return.
So if you applied for a PGWP from inside of Canada and then left without renewing your TRV, you just have to wait.

mrunal.dave

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Ahmedabad, India
Category........
PNP
Show that you have compelling ties to your home country, such as family, a house, a business, etc. It shouldn't look like you're uprooting your entire life since you're just meant to be visiting. You could also directly state in your letter of explanation that you are in the Express Entry pool but understand that you cannot live or work in Canada without PR, and will leave at the end of your authorized period of stay.
Thanks dear