+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
I applied for visitor visa in Jan 2019 for conference in February. I have not received a reply yet. I also wish to attend another conference in October with the same visa if approved. although I only indicated February conference. what could be the reason for the delay as the processing time has been exceeded. also, 21st of March, I saw "application profile updated" but it changed back to submitted almost immediately. Till date, no email or update received. kindly help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied for visitor visa in Jan 2019 for conference in February. I have not received a reply yet. I also wish to attend another conference in October with the same visa if approved. although I only indicated February conference. what could be the reason for the delay as the processing time has been exceeded. also, 21st of March, I saw "application profile updated" but it changed back to submitted almost immediately. Till date, no email or update received. kindly help
You will get a decision on your application even though the February conference has passed. Whether or not you will be approved to attend a conference would depend on several factors.

Which visa office have you applied to?
What is the status for background checks?

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
You will get a decision on your application even though the February conference has passed. Whether or not you will be approved to attend a conference would depend on several factors.

Which visa office have you applied to? I
What is the status for background checks?

Thank you Bryanna for your response. I applied in Lagos Nigeria. Also, when I log on, my profile only shows me "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you".

I also mentioned that I saw "application profile updated" but it changed back to submitted almost immediately. Till date, no email or update received.

Current Status on my profile shows submitted.

Thanks for your help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna for your response. I applied in Lagos Nigeria. Also, when I log on, my profile only shows me "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you".

I also mentioned that I saw "application profile updated" but it changed back to submitted almost immediately. Till date, no email or update received.

Current Status on my profile shows submitted.

Thanks for your help
And the status for your background checks?

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
Below are all the info I can view on profile page

Profile page Search:

Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entries

Show entries

View my submitted applications or profiles

Application type Application number Applicant name Date submitted Current status Messages Action

Online Application Submitted Read check full application status

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
Below is the information on Check full application status

Application status and messages

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Applicant information

• Principal Applicant:
  • Unique Client Identifier
  • Application number:
  • Date Received: January
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. ?

Review of eligibility: We will tell you when we are in the process of reviewing your eligibility. We review your complete application to make sure that you are eligible for the program you applied for. When we have reviewed your eligibility, we will send you a message.

Review of medical results:You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of medical results: If you need to have a medical exam you will get a message in your account with details.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Review of additional documents:In some cases we will need additional documents from you to process your application. If we do, you will receive a message in your account. Once we receive the documents, we will tell you when we are reviewing them.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Help - Background check

Background check

In some cases, we need to verify criminal, security and/or other background information to make sure you are admissible to Canada. If we need more information from you, we will send you a message.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Help - Final decision

Final decision

The final decision tells you when your application is:

• in progress,
  • approved,
  • not approved because it was incomplete,
  • refused,
  • withdrawn,
  • cannot be withdrawn, or
  • cancelled.
When a final decision is made on your application, you will get a message in your account with more information and instructions on what to do next.

If you see that your application cannot be withdrawn, it means that we received your request to withdraw your application after we made a decision on it. In these cases you cannot withdraw your application.

If you see that your application was cancelled, it means that before we made a final decision, we:

• made a mistake and had to recreate your application
  • found that you do not need the status/document you applied for.
If you think we should not have cancelled your application, let us know by using the IRCC web form.

Messages about your application

Subject

Date sent

Date read

Confirmation of Online Application Transmission

Hello,

You have successfully transmitted your Online Application on January 2019. EST.

Your payment receipt number is #

What happens next?

We will review the information and documents that you provided and processing will begin.

We will notify you by e-mail if we require additional information or documents. You do not need to log into your account to check for messages or updates until you receive an e-mail advising you that you have one. .

What if information regarding my application changes?

It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include if you move, get a new phone number, etc.

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. Find out what the average processing times are.

If you require additional information on the status of your application after consulting the processing times, contact the Call Centre.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Below is the information on Check full application status

Application status and messages

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Applicant information

• Principal Applicant:
  • Unique Client Identifier
  • Application number:
  • Date Received: January
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. ?

Review of eligibility: We will tell you when we are in the process of reviewing your eligibility. We review your complete application to make sure that you are eligible for the program you applied for. When we have reviewed your eligibility, we will send you a message.

Review of medical results:You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of medical results: If you need to have a medical exam you will get a message in your account with details.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Review of additional documents:In some cases we will need additional documents from you to process your application. If we do, you will receive a message in your account. Once we receive the documents, we will tell you when we are reviewing them.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Help - Background check

Background check

In some cases, we need to verify criminal, security and/or other background information to make sure you are admissible to Canada. If we need more information from you, we will send you a message.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Help - Final decision

Final decision

The final decision tells you when your application is:

• in progress,
  • approved,
  • not approved because it was incomplete,
  • refused,
  • withdrawn,
  • cannot be withdrawn, or
  • cancelled.
When a final decision is made on your application, you will get a message in your account with more information and instructions on what to do next.

If you see that your application cannot be withdrawn, it means that we received your request to withdraw your application after we made a decision on it. In these cases you cannot withdraw your application.

If you see that your application was cancelled, it means that before we made a final decision, we:

• made a mistake and had to recreate your application
  • found that you do not need the status/document you applied for.
If you think we should not have cancelled your application, let us know by using the IRCC web form.

Messages about your application

Subject

Date sent

Date read

Hello,

You have successfully transmitted your Online Application on January 2019. EST.

Your payment receipt number is #

What happens next?

We will review the information and documents that you provided and processing will begin.

We will notify you by e-mail if we require additional information or documents. You do not need to log into your account to check for messages or updates until you receive an e-mail advising you that you have one. .

What if information regarding my application changes?

It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include if you move, get a new phone number, etc.

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. Find out what the average processing times are.

If you require additional information on the status of your application after consulting the processing times, contact the Call Centre.
IRCC is running background checks on your application. This could take any length of time to complete

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
There's nothing you can do but to wait. In fact, you won't ever know the type and extent of the background checks that IRCC has done for your application
HI Bryanna, I hope you can help me. So i was trying to submit a visitor visa for my mom, and i already have the form of " use of representative form".. my question is do i still need to submit the " use of family member rep form imm5713' ?... by the way im using my account for her application..
Many thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
HI Bryanna, I hope you can help me. So i was trying to submit a visitor visa for my mom, and i already have the form of " use of representative form".. my question is do i still need to submit the " use of family member rep form imm5713' ?... by the way im using my account for her application..
Many thanks in advance.
If you're not applying for a TRV for yourself then no IMM 5713, only IMM 5476

Reactions: amgose

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
Hi Bryanna, The wait is so frustrating. I hop I don't miss out on the next conference. This is the 4th month just for s visitor visa