+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by Lu01, Nov 21, 2018.

  1. Dear Sir/Madam,
    I made my application from Peru and I got a Visitor Visa with Multiple Entries, my question is for how long can I stay legally in Canada, 3 or 6 months? Is it necessary to travel out of Canada after this time? Do I have to wait a time before I can come back?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
  2. Your visa only allows you to travel to Canada. Your authorized length of stay will be determined by the officer at the port of entry. It could be for six months (max.) or even restricted to a much shorter stay. It's not possible to say. You do have the option to apply to extend your stay if you have valid reasons.

    That said, a TRV validity of X years does not imply that you can stay for the entire X years. You could be denied entry or asked to leave if it seems like you are living in Canada instead of visiting for short stays
  3. Is there any penalty for overstay up to 6 months if my authorized stay was not determinated by the officer at the port of entry? Thanks for your help.
  4. You will be allowed into the country only after an immigration officer determines how long you are allowed to stay. If there's no handwritten date mentioned in your passport then you can stay for up to 6 months
  5. Thank you so much for your help.

Share This Page