Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
My husbands pr is still in process due to security check ( its been 7 months) and we just dont know when they will give him the pr visa, we are patiently waiting, its been over the processing time given for our visa office and we want to see eachother. Can we apply for a visitor visa? is there any risk in doing so? can that delay the pr even more? what r the chances he will get accepted? please would appreciate if anyone can help me with all these questions. thanks so much

M

mikeymyke

No it wont delay PR, but the chances of being accepted are generally low. Does he have any travel history? Have good finances and assets? Have long stable employment? Does he have more family members in his country than in Canada? Has he ever been refused a visitor visa or attempted to enter Canada? If any of these things are lacking, then his chances are almost slim to none.

It wouldn't hurt to try for it though, just note that there's a good chance he will be refused

Neilp

Sep 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetstrawberry said:
My husbands pr is still in process due to security check ( its been 7 months) and we just dont know when they will give him the pr visa, we are patiently waiting, its been over the processing time given for our visa office and we want to see eachother. Can we apply for a visitor visa? is there any risk in doing so? can that delay the pr even more? what r the chances he will get accepted? please would appreciate if anyone can help me with all these questions. thanks so much
If it passed the processing time for you visa office I recommend filing a webform for a status update. As for a visitor visa it will not effect the PR process. He will still require to show strong ties to his home country to be accepted for a visitor visa.

Try the web form for update prior to applying. Each Visa office is different when responding to web forms but general are pretty good for past processing time request
Here is the website for web form
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp