4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
Hi,

I am sponsoring my husband through the family sponsorship stream- Being away from my husband while going through this process is very difficult.

I wanted to apply for a visitor visa for him. what are the chances he will be approved considering the following

I support him financially from within Canada. (sending money back home)
He doesn't work, but sells small things personally
He is living in our family home back home (not under his name; but my maternal grandma)
I will be support his travels and living expense here in Canada and will also get travel insurance for him.
I'd like for him to "visit" while the PR is being processed but it not 2-3 months would be okay too.

So what are our chances?

Thank you in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

IMHO, the chances of your husband getting a TRV are slim to none. This is because he has no strong ties to return to his home country: no employment, no property, no finances, no dependent family, and he is financially dependent on you.

To a visa officer, his TRV application would seem like wanting to live in Canada while waiting for his PR. You can certainly try though. Who knows you may get lucky

Cheers

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi,

IMHO, the chances of your husband getting a TRV are slim to none. This is because he has no strong ties to return to his home country: no employment, no property, no finances, no dependent family, and he is financially dependent on you.

To a visa officer, his TRV application would seem like wanting to live in Canada while waiting for his PR. You can certainly try though. Who knows you may get lucky

Cheers
Thank you for your input... this is really disheartening.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your husband's chances of getting a TRV will be better if he can demonstrate reasons to return to his home country. For example, if he finds employment or enrolls/attends a study program + he proves he is not financially dependent on you.

Don't get disheartened. It's just a matter of time.

Hope he gets his TRV/PR soon :)