Visitor visa vs. Super visa for mother

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,

My wife is expecting and her mother wants to visit for few months so that my wife gets some support from her family. Ideally we want her mother to stay for 5-6 months as my wife's pregnancy is a high-risk pregnancy. Shall we apply for visitor visa or a super visa? She has never travelled outside of her country of residence (India).

I am a Canadian citizen by birth and my wife is a Permanent Resident (sponsored by me, the Spouse).
Please suggest which is a better option, a visitor visa or a super visa?

Much appreciated!

pinkureenu

Jun 29, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2010
Apply for Parents Super Visa. It took one month.

I got Super Visa for my mother just last week. Main benefit is she can stay 2 years in first entry.

sanjayadav

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but you have to pay her medical insurance every year till she is here in canada. In case you go for visa extension tehy will see her medical insurance first.
but for visitor you don't need any medical insurance from canada ( approx. cad 2500-3500a year) ,you can have your personall health insurance from back home.
in case of her visa extension you only need to fill a form for extension and visa fee, thats it.

so now you have to decide if you can afford health insurance for her from canada or just want to invite her for 6 months and get her visa extended for another 6months to 1year.

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the responses. Is it possible to get a visitor visa for 6 months? Or you shall apply for super visa in that case?