+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa vs Immigration Visa when PA has expired

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Hello All,

I got my parents final visa for landing on 12th Oct and on 24th Oct my father, principal applicant, expired. I understand that my mother cannot do the landing formalities but at the same time she also has visitor visa and have used that visa in past to visit us.

I was wondering while we are in the process of contacting IRCC, can she be admitted to Canada on visitor visa.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello All,

I got my parents final visa for landing on 12th Oct and on 24th Oct my father, principal applicant, expired. I understand that my mother cannot do the landing formalities but at the same time she also has visitor visa and have used that visa in past to visit us.

I was wondering while we are in the process of contacting IRCC, can she be admitted to Canada on visitor visa.
Very Sorry to hear that sad news about your father :(
TRVisa=I guess not ,since she got COPR it will appear while she will visit. If U think she cannot do alone, you could go there and bring her with you. Landing alone is not too difficult. Many do land who cannot speak a word of English. They have translators. And she can keep a note reading, my son is outside; they can call you in for help. I heard that happened too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about your father. You should contact the visa office as soon as you can (send a case specific inquiry) and let them know that your father has passed away and ask if they will change the COPR to make your mother the primary applicant. I believe we've had cases here where this has worked and IRCC has agreed to change the PA. It's worth a shot.