+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Under Process - Travel Dates very close

M.Kumar

Oct 18, 2016
Dear experts

I had applied (online) for canada visit visa of my family on 11th September. The travel dates are 22.10.2016 to 1.11.2016.

Today is 19th October, I dont have much time to wait as I have to prepare everything.

Please suggest
i) Can i Change the dates of travel as my online application is under process?
ii) If I change, can i submit documents i.e. new sanction of leave from my employer for new dates?
iii) Can I apply 8 months before i.e. June/July 2017?

Please help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

One must never buy plane tickets before visas are issued.

1. Yes, you can.

2. Yes, you can through a Case Specific Enquiry

3. The earliest you can apply is 6 months before the date you intend to enter Canada. But you have already applied. So not sure what you mean

Cheers

M.Kumar

Oct 18, 2016
Thankyou so much Mr Bryanna

Ok it means I can change the dates.

I had applied on 11.09.2016 for travel dates 22.10,2016 to 01.11.2016, which is under process

Should i apply for the date change of travel or wait for the decision as they usually approve visa for 6 months or till the validity of the passport.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
M.Kumar said:
Should i apply for the date change of travel or wait for the decision as they usually approve visa for 6 months or till the validity of the passport.
There's nothing much that you can do except to change your flight bookings.... and to wait for the visa office to give you decisions.

Visa approvals + for how long a visa is issued will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer

M.Kumar

Oct 18, 2016
Friends
41 days passed. still the status of my visitor visa application is under process. One of my child application showing "Cancelled" rest all showing "Sumbitted" since day one
The tentative dates of travel has started (22.10.16 to 01.11.16)
Now i want to change the travel dates I.e. Winter breaks of my children, which will start in the month of Nov 2016.

Should I send a letter for next proposed dates under case specific enquiry along with leave approval from my employer or wait for the decision.
Please suggest
Regards

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
Just change your travel date. It doesn't matter.
For me, I received my visa 5 days from my application.
I presented my travel plans with it. I know it can help you since it will provide strong ties from your country since you have a transportation going back home.

M.Kumar

Oct 18, 2016
M.Kumar said:
Friends
41 days passed. still the status of my visitor visa application is under process. One of my child application showing "Cancelled" rest all showing "Sumbitted" since day one
The tentative dates of travel has started (22.10.16 to 01.11.16)
Now i want to change the travel dates I.e. Winter breaks of my children, which will start in the month of Nov 2016.

Should I send a letter for next proposed dates under case specific enquiry along with leave approval from my employer or wait for the decision.
Please suggest
Regards
Still same status. 48 days passed.
Can anyone tell, what can be reason for such delay?
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.Kumar said:
Still same status. 48 days passed.
Can anyone tell, what can be reason for such delay?
Thanks
Perhaps your making changes to your application.