+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (TRV) timelines for Returning Workers

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
I am currently in India and my TRV has expired, my work permit is still valid but I need TRV to enter Canada.

I am applying for TRV/visitor visa (returning worker) online and would like to know how can I speed up my application processing?
CIC Processing for visitor visa shows 6 months but I heard returning workers file is processed quickly but How do I prioritize my application? Web form or email?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no expedited service since you are not the family member of a citizen or PR. You can send a webform but likely will not speed up the process.

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
There is no expedited service since you are not the family member of a citizen or PR. You can send a webform but likely will not speed up the process.
I am working in Canada with a valid work permit. I am still employed by Canadian employer. It's just that I had to visit India for an emergency and now i cannot re-enter as my TRV has expired.

Canada prioritizes those who are eligible to travel to Canada which I would qualify for. Temporary workers are included.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am working in Canada with a valid work permit. I am still employed by Canadian employer. It's just that I had to visit India for an emergency and now i cannot re-enter as my TRV has expired.

Canada prioritizes those who are eligible to travel to Canada which I would qualify for. Temporary workers are included.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
So start the process. It says prioritize, not expedite. Doesn’t mean it will come faster. Did you go through all the links to see if you are eligible for prioritized travel. It will ask if your job is essential.

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Yeah, it is essential. If I submit application, how would they know that it is eligible fo priority processing until visa officer picks it for processing? Is there a web form I can fill or an email address where I can send information?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The information and links are on the website for a visitor visa. If you already have submitted your application then you send a webform. If not, the instructions are on the website too.

navi5

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hey, I applied for TRV in July but still haven't received AOR for that.
Don't know how long it'll take.

navi5

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
TRV within Canada or India? what is AOR in TRV?
Oh, I meant they haven't even started reviewing the eligibility. I am currently in India and want to travel back to Canada, I have applied for a TRV in India.

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Oh, I meant they haven't even started reviewing the eligibility. I am currently in India and want to travel back to Canada, I have applied for a TRV in India.
Ya same here, I also applied in July end and still no update on my application.

Did you do anything else in addition to filling application? Would you know if they are prioritizing returning workers?

navi5

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Ya same here, I also applied in July end and still no update on my application.

Did you do anything else in addition to filling application? Would you know if they are prioritizing returning workers?
You can send a webform to inquire about the application. I called IRCC about this, they told me that we'll have to wait and the visa processing time has increased.

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
You can send a webform to inquire about the application. I called IRCC about this, they told me that we'll have to wait and the visa processing time has increased.
I thought visa processing time is decreasing ( referring to CIC processing timelines). Did your raise web form and was it accepted? Are you a returning worker? Do you know anyone who applied for TRV in last few months and received approval?

navi5

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
I thought visa processing time is decreasing ( referring to CIC processing timelines). Did your raise web form and was it accepted? Are you a returning worker? Do you know anyone who applied for TRV in last few months and received approval?
The current timeline for processing visa applications from India is 5 months, I haven't raised the webform yet but I will. A friend of mine applied in March and got approval in August.

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
The current timeline for processing visa applications from India is 5 months, I haven't raised the webform yet but I will. A friend of mine applied in March and got approval in August.
Okay so we should expect approval by December 2021