+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to SuperVisa

bandit

Sep 28, 2011
Hi,

My Dad is here on visitor visa. I applied for supervisa for him two months back. Now I got a message from CIC saying that his stay has been extended for another year(07/2019) with no indication of supervisa. So how do I get supervisa stamped on his passport. Has anyone faced anything similar.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can't apply for a supervisa while in Canada. Guess they felt like a 1 year extension of his trv was a fair compromise. Doesn't mean you will get another long extension if you file another trv extension.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
You can't apply for a supervisa while in Canada. Guess they felt like a 1 year extension of his trv was a fair compromise. Doesn't mean you will get another long extension if you file another trv extension.
Would an applicant who applied for supervisa in their home country and is currently in Canada visiting on a visitor visa still eligible for supervisa?

bandit

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for your feedback. I guess I misread.