+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to Super visa - In Canada applicant

cec0413

Jan 19, 2014
Hi Guys,

New to this visitors thread. Need your valuable inputs and advise.

I'm on work permit since May-2011 and my PR application (under CEC category) is in its final stages (PPR received, expecting passports & COPR in couple of wks). I happen to bring my mother on 'single entry' visitor visa this last december. Her visa is valid till may-2014. Now i would like to extend her stay beyond May, till around year end.

Can she apply for Super visa staying inside canada? I tried online questionnaire & regular pages of cic. Couldn't find concrete solutions. Please advise. If eligible, whats the process (steps/forms/where to send/processing time etc)?

FYI: Her current visa is single entry & so she didn't do her medical back then when we applied for her visitor visa. And just so you know, i have a kid born here in Canada & so a citizen grandchild for her.

Appreciate your time & response

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cec0413 said:
Hi Guys,

New to this visitors thread. Need your valuable inputs and advise.

I'm on work permit since May-2011 and my PR application (under CEC category) is in its final stages (PPR received, expecting passports & COPR in couple of wks). I happen to bring my mother on 'single entry' visitor visa this last december. Her visa is valid till may-2014. Now i would like to extend her stay beyond May, till around year end.

Can she apply for Super visa staying inside canada? I tried online questionnaire & regular pages of cic. Couldn't find concrete solutions. Please advise. If eligible, whats the process (steps/forms/where to send/processing time etc)?

FYI: Her current visa is single entry & so she didn't do her medical back then when we applied for her visitor visa. And just so you know, i have a kid born here in Canada & so a citizen grandchild for her.

Appreciate your time & response
1. No, as you are not a PR she can't apply for a super visa.
2. She can apply to extend her status as a visitor, but she will require a medical.

cec0413

Jan 19, 2014
Thanks PMM.

But as i mentioned i might do the PR landing in 2 wks time. So after that, using COPR can i apply for her Super visa? or i must wait till i get PR card (which would take a while)?

Anyone been through similar situation? Pls help.

cec0413

Jan 19, 2014
Hi all,

Can someone respond to my queries, pls; can I apply for Supervisa for my mother when she is currently in Canada (on visitor visa) with me? or it must be applied from outside canada?

And can i use COPR (and the documents they give during landing) in lieu of PR card as 'Family member proof of status'. I may not receive the card by the time her current visa expires and hence this query.

Please help. I'm sure many of you might have come across situation like this.