+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to student visa

MkMCanada

Aug 15, 2017
Hello All,

I'm already in Ontario on a visitor visa, and i would like to apply for MBA. is it possible to get the Student Visa while i'm in Canada and on a visitor visa without leaving Canada?

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - but your application cannot be processed within Canada. It has to be sent either to your home country or to a visa office in the US. Additionally, it can be more difficult to obtain a study permit from within Canada since it's more difficult to show ties to your home country.

You're also unfortunately too late for a September start. Earliest would be January.

MkMCanada

Aug 15, 2017
Yes - but your application cannot be processed within Canada. It has to be sent either to your home country or to a visa office in the US. Additionally, it can be more difficult to obtain a study permit from within Canada since it's more difficult to show ties to your home country.

You're also unfortunately too late for a September start. Earliest would be January.
Thank you very much scylla for your answer.

Aug 18, 2017
Hi Scylla
Do you mean that all applications for visitor visa TRV including students one cannot be processed from within Canada?!!!!
I applied for a TRV right after I got my new study permit (all from within Canada). I applied online on july 18. Until now No passport request letter. Cic informed me by email my application is being processed in New York.
I am really curious to know what is the story of transferring TRV applications from cic to canadian embassies outside Canada. (Ps: I never ever lived or went to the US)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla
Do you mean that all applications for visitor visa TRV including students one cannot be processed from within Canada?!!!!
I was talking about people who are here on TRVs and want to apply for a study permit.

chd.piyush

Oct 31, 2013
Hello everyone,
I came to Canada as a visitor in sept 2017 along with my wife and son.
My wife liked Canada and wants to study here. So i searched for colleges and found out a college in Montreal and took admission in one year program starting in feb 2018. Have applied for caq aswell.
Now my question is how to apply for study permit after caq is received. I read at cic website that we can convert visitor to study permit if pre requisite course is completed which is required for admission into actual course.
Please guide me with the next procedure.
My wife has done masters in technology computer science from India and has 7.5 bands in ielts with 6.5 in one module. She got admission in a relevant course.

Please guide me. I have around 25days to wait for caq. Till then i have to gather all the information.

Thank you.

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hello All,

I'm already in Ontario on a visitor visa, and i would like to apply for MBA. is it possible to get the Student Visa while i'm in Canada and on a visitor visa without leaving Canada?

Thanks,
Did you visit Canada as a tourist? what reasons did you mention as your purpose of visit

Charlie01

Feb 3, 2018
Hello everyone,
My wife liked Canada and wants to study here. So i searched for colleges and found out a college in Montreal and took admission in one year program starting in feb 2018. Have applied for caq aswell.
Now my question is how to apply for study permit after caq is received. I read at cic website that we can convert visitor to study permit if pre requisite course is completed which is required for admission into actual course.
My wife has done masters in technology computer science from India and has 7.5 bands in ielts with 6.5 in one module. She got admission in a relevant course.

Please guide me. I have around 25days to wait for caq. Till then i have to gather all the information.

Thank you.

You can apply for a study permit for short term course, a course that the school indicates is a pre-requisite to the course you want to take. The school must be accredited.

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Hi Piyush.. My brother in law is also in the same situation as you.. he got enrolled in pre requisite course in Montreal and now waiting for CAQ.. Can you please update and let me know what happened in your case? Did you get the study permit?

jefanima08

Nov 23, 2017
Hi all,

I'm presently in Colombia and I have a Canadian student visa. I was wondering if I am able to travel to Canada as a tourist with my student visa, or do I need to apply for a tourist visa?

Thank you,