+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa to open work permit

Rakshith_hv

Jul 11, 2020
I am currently on work permit in Canada. My wife traveled here with a Visitor Visa(Dependent Visa). Her visa is valid till November 2021. When she landed in Toronto ,somehow she didn't get a Visitor record at port of entry. Just got her passport stamped with landing date. Please let me know if she is considered as tourist or she can stay in Canada till November 2021.
and also please suggest if i can apply for her open work permit.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You don't get a visitor record at a POE when you first enter outside very specific circumstances. She can stay as a visitor as long as her current visa is valid. She can apply for a spousal open work permit but it's not guaranteed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

You don't get a visitor record at a POE when you first enter outside very specific circumstances. She can stay as a visitor as long as her current visa is valid. She can apply for a spousal open work permit but it's not guaranteed.
1. No stamp, she was admitted for 6 months, not as long as her TRV is valid for.

Reactions: canuck78

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone,
I went to Canada and studied there for 2 years Diploma and then got 3 years Post graduate work permit. But unfortunately due to health issue I could not work and stay in Canada. I came back home country. I wanted to back to Canada but due to death of maternal grand father and covid 19 could not flight back and it was lockdown as well.
I did not work in Canada can I clamp my work permit or ask them to renew at least 1 year. I got healthy and dont have any sickness.
Please kindly advice me what can I do in this situation?
Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hello everyone,
I went to Canada and studied there for 2 years Diploma and then got 3 years Post graduate work permit. But unfortunately due to health issue I could not work and stay in Canada. I came back home country. I wanted to back to Canada but due to death of maternal grand father and covid 19 could not flight back and it was lockdown as well.
I did not work in Canada can I clamp my work permit or ask them to renew at least 1 year. I got healthy and dont have any sickness.
Please kindly advice me what can I do in this situation?
Thanks
No. You can't extend or renew a PGWP.