+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa to Live-In Caregiver???? HELP!!

RoRo28

Jul 28, 2014
Hello,

Currently my aunt is visiting from Jamaica on a visitors visa, she has a 6-yr visa with multiple entry which allows her to be in Canada for 6 mths at a time. I have a 7 mth old son with a physical disability and will need a full-time caregiver for him in the home when I go back to work in January. I am wondering if I can apply for her to a live-in caregiver for us while she is here.....we don't want her to have to leave Canada in 6 mths since that is when I actually need her to stay. My son cannot be in a daycare setting and requires very specific care including physiotherapy. My aunt attends medical appointments with me since we're both home together so she's very well versed and understands my sons physical needs which another caregiver would not. My aunt is a principal in Jamaica and has worked around children her entire life, she has no criminal record or any other factors that would be an issue.

So my question is does anyone think I can get her visa extended or changed to one for a live-in-caregiver?

Any input is appreciated!

dnetplayer

Jul 1, 2014
Yes anyone knows or have any experience here in regards with sponsoring a visitor and processing the visitor's LMO for a live-in caregiver..?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think your aunt meets the criteria of the live-in caregiver program. She needs at least one full year of paid work experience in a related profession in the last three years or at least six months of full time related schooling. I don't think CIC will consider her experience as a principal as valid for LCP.

dnetplayer

Jul 1, 2014
Okay let's say her aunt is eligible or passed the requirements as a live-in caregiver, what and how is the process..?
I read some details of it here from another thread that you need to submit an application to New York if the visitor is already here in Canada..? Is this correct..?