+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa to canada from Detroit...

swarnalathank

Jul 13, 2012
Finally i got my TRV visa approved and got my package back on 7/20/2012.

Application package delivered on: 6/18/2012
Application package returned with approval: 7/20/2012

Good luck for rest of the people who are waiting!

Thanks!

shueyb

Jul 17, 2012
Congrats. That gives me hope. For me, it's been 40 days since my package reached them, but I am also subject to Mandatory Wait Period. If it took your application 32 days, I should be getting mine this week too.

swarnalathank said:
Finally i got my TRV visa approved and got my package back on 7/20/2012.

Application package delivered on: 6/18/2012
Application package returned with approval: 7/20/2012

Thanks!

matsjohn

Jul 19, 2012
Finally i got my Parents TRV visa approved and got my package back on 7/20/2012.

Application package delivered to Detroit on: 6/15/2012
Application package returned with approval: 7/23/2012

There was absolutely no communication (Inspite of my emails almost daily inquiring status) during the whole period.

Thanks!

cool_cal

Jul 25, 2012
matsjohn said:
Finally i got my Parents TRV visa approved and got my package back on 7/20/2012.

Application package delivered to Detroit on: 6/15/2012
Application package returned with approval: 7/23/2012

There was absolutely no communication (Inspite of my emails almost daily inquiring status) during the whole period.

Thanks!

Congrats matsjohn
I am in horrible waiting boat ??? ,how many days it took for your money order to be cashed ?

IWAVING

Jul 25, 2012
cool_cal said:
anybody there who are like me awaiting and applied

Application packet received: 10th July
TRV Application packet received: 10th July, exactly same as yours

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
I am also in your line, mine has reached 11th July so I would expect the following day you received the passport :)

IWAVING

Jul 25, 2012
cool_cal said:
@ IWAVING and hks11

is your money order cashed ? mine was done after a week (i.e 5 business days)
I haven't checked that, does it matter? anyway, we can't do anything except waiting.

Preeti_Kaur

Jul 27, 2012
I sent my application on June 29th and it was received by the Detroit office on June 30th. I would count July 2nd as the first working day towards the processing of my application.

I was freaking out as the website mentions 14 working days as the processing time, and at another page, it says 30 working days. However, after reading all the posts, I understand that it takes about 30 working days. I have not heard anything yet. I tried emailing as well with no response.

Will keep posting :)

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Preeti_Kaur said:
I sent my application on June 29th and it was received by the Detroit office on June 30th. I would count July 2nd as the first working day towards the processing of my application.

I was freaking out as the website mentions 14 working days as the processing time, and at another page, it says 30 working days. However, after reading all the posts, I understand that it takes about 30 working days. I have not heard anything yet. I tried emailing as well with no response.

Will keep posting :)
As far as my understanding is that the 14 days time period is an approximate processing time calculated for an application based on the last year applications they received through mail. After stopping the same day service, I think 30 days is the processing time every applicant has to anticipate.

SekharKcs

Jul 29, 2012
Gurprit said:
I have applied for visitor visa to canada in detroit consulate. They have changed their rules and are accepting application through mail only. So I sent my application through mail to them. I tracked my courier package and it had reached 10 days back. But I didn't hear anything back from them. Does anyone have any experience with detroit consulate in these new rules? Please let me know.
Gurprit, did you receive the passports from Detroit canadian consulate ?

shueyb

Jul 17, 2012
I received my visa and passport after 41 days.
Date application reached Detroit Consulate: June 13, 2012
Date passport received with visa stamped: July 24, 2012
Since I am from Pakistan, my application was also subject to 10 days of mandatory wait period in addition to the normal processing time of 30 days.
The Consulate does not provide any meaningful response by email within the normal processing time or mandatory wait period. All you get is a generic response. I was notified by email on the day my visa was approved in response to my inquiry.