+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Timeline

andreaso

Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone! My boyfriend has applied for a visitor visa from Macedonia (Vienna Office). The application was submitted on April 11th. On April 12th he received a letter for biometrics and on April 15th he submitted his biometrics. The processing time for applications from Macedonia through the Vienna office is currently 11 days. We are on day 6. Please share your timeline if you don't mind! I'm hoping we get a response by the 19th which would be day 8... He also did not get a message stating that biometrics were received but in the right corner of the application page it shows the date he submitted biometrics as well as a number associated with it.

Application step
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (This was never updated to show that they actually do need biometrics even after biometrics were submitted)
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

andreaso

Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone! My boyfriend has applied for a visitor visa from Macedonia (Vienna Office). The application was submitted on April 11th. On April 12th he received a letter for biometrics and on April 15th he submitted his biometrics. The processing time for applications from Macedonia through the Vienna office is currently 11 days. We are on day 6. Please share your timeline if you don't mind! I'm hoping we get a response by the 19th which would be day 8... He also did not get a message stating that biometrics were received but in the right corner of the application page it shows the date he submitted biometrics as well as a number associated with it.

Application step
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (This was never updated to show that they actually do need biometrics even after biometrics were submitted)
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Day 10 - still no response :(