+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Timeline - After September Update

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys,

Anyone applied for Visitor Visa after September update?

I've applied on September 12 in the new portal. Still waiting for updates

Could you please post your timelines to get some idea?
Applied on: 3rd Oct 2021
Biometrics request: 4th Oct 2021
Biometrics provided on: 5th Oct 2021
Approved and passport requested: 01 November 2021
Used Gckey

Reactions: eatontobias5

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Applied on: 3rd Oct 2021
Biometrics request: 4th Oct 2021
Biometrics provided on: 5th Oct 2021
Approved and passport requested: 01 November 2021
Used Gckey
Congrats!

You applied for a family member? and from where?

I've applied for my spouse and refused

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Congrats!

You applied for a family member? and from where?

I've applied for my spouse and refused
Jazz, did you not attach the employer's letter? For return ticket, you can get a dummy ticket booked with a travel agent locally. They will charge you INR 1 or 2k.
I am not sure why they include spouse in immediate family member when they intend to refuse the visa.

I have applied for my spouse as well. Getting worried now. All docs are attached though. Just praying for a positive outcome

Reactions: Vedant_agarwalla

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Stay positive man!
Jazz, did you not attach the employer's letter? For return ticket, you can get a dummy ticket booked with a travel agent locally. They will charge you INR 1 or 2k.
I am not sure why they include spouse in immediate family member when they intend to refuse the visa.

I have applied for my spouse as well. Getting worried now. All docs are attached though. Just praying for a positive outcome
Stay positive man but also please prepare your mind to accept any result. Rejection rate for spouse visitor visa is high! IRCC is thinking that people applying for visitor visa will overstay. (May be based on the data that many stayed illegally which is reflecting our VISAs now)

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Stay positive man!

Stay positive man but also please prepare your mind to accept any result. Rejection rate for spouse visitor visa is high! IRCC is thinking that people applying for visitor visa will overstay. (May be based on the data that many stayed illegally which is reflecting our VISAs now)
Thanks @Jazz38 Like you said, I am preparing myself for the worst. Me and my wife have done what we could on the application. I think they should prioritize spouse more than parents as immediate family. It's ulta. I really do no know what the deal is in terms of overstaying. It's not like they're burdening the govt.

Anura@06

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
My parents got PPR today for their Visitor Visa. Here is their timeline.

Applied on: 20th Sept 21 via Portal
Biometrics: 1st Nov 21
Biometrics accepted: 4th Nov 21
PPR: 4th Nov 21
Funds proof were not submitted for anyone
Applied from India
Both sons are living outside India
Strong ties - Submitted their property and pension docs