+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa taking too long

aki4480

Aug 14, 2023
Hey guys,

I submitted my application for a visitor visa on May 16th and submitted my biometrics on June 9th. There has been no update on my application since June 9th.

I applied from the United States where the average processing time is 44 days. It has been 66 days since I submitted my biometrics. I've already asked for an update on my status using the webform (about 10 days back) but they just told me that my application is in progress. The tracker shows that my background verification is in progress.

Any recommendations on what should I do next?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys,

I submitted my application for a visitor visa on May 16th and submitted my biometrics on June 9th. There has been no update on my application since June 9th.

I applied from the United States where the average processing time is 44 days. It has been 66 days since I submitted my biometrics. I've already asked for an update on my status using the webform (about 10 days back) but they just told me that my application is in progress. The tracker shows that my background verification is in progress.

Nothing you can do but wait.

Reactions: aki4480

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
on the same boat ! i applied for my parents visitor visa from usa using the new portal on May 26, 2023. my dad got his visa on June 27 for 10 years. but my mom was asked to re-take her biometrics on June 27. she did her biometrics on july 11 and nothing since then. still waiting on my mom's decision.

• Sad
Reactions: aki4480

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
Hey, did you get any update on your application? i applied for my parents from usa and my dad got the visa but my mom's is still in process, submitted webform and received the same message as yours yesterday. she did get re-biometric that she completed on july 11. they applied together on May 26th.
Hey guys,

officialprabhjot

Jul 20, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Ontario
On the same boat !! I applied on 4 april and don my biomatric on 12 april. Still no update and when i raise a web form they are saying that your application is in process where as the normal processing time is 76 days !!!!

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
On the same boat !! I applied on 4 april and don my biomatric on 12 april. Still no update and when i raise a web form they are saying that your application is in process where as the normal processing time is 76 days !!!!
where did you apply from? my mom's application is still pending after re-biometric letter. she applied from usa. has multiple usa and canada visits. not sure what is happening!