+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa taking too long

Jul 11, 2019
I applied for a visitor visa for my little brother at the beginning of August because the old one expired. According to CIC, it should take only 29 days for the application to be processed (applying from Qatar), but as of today, it's still stuck at reviewing eligibility and background check. I even raised a web form last week, but I haven't gotten any response.

Any reason why it's taking this long?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a visitor visa at the beginning of August because the old one expired. According to CIC, it should take only 29 days for the application to be processed (applying from Qatar), but as of today, it's still stuck at reviewing eligibility and background check. I even raised a web form last week, but I haven't gotten any response.

Reasons for travel? Are you not a student?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
I applied for a visitor visa for my little brother at the beginning of August because the old one expired. According to CIC, it should take only 29 days for the application to be processed (applying from Qatar), but as of today, it's still stuck at reviewing eligibility and background check. I even raised a web form last week, but I haven't gotten any response.

my sister also applied in august and the processing time shows 37 but not updates.
It seems they need to re-apply after September 9 when the covid restrictions lifted.

Angienanti

Dec 17, 2021
hello there guys
i applied for a trv for tourism purposes.
on 18th november
got bil on 19th november
finished biometrics on 22 november
biometrics got updted same day
till now nothing is happening still waiting for decision.
applying from uganda.and processing times are 625 are they accurate??

Whit

Dec 22, 2021
hello there guys
on 18th november
got bil on 19th november
Hello, Same here but from kenya

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello there guys
on 18th november
got bil on 19th november
It has only been a month so it will take some more time. Would make sure you have very strong ties to Uganda if that is your home country, have good savings and hopefully you have a good record of international travel to countries like US, Western or Norther Europe, Australia, etc. Getting a TRV from Uganda can be difficult.

Reactions: Angienanti

Angienanti

Dec 17, 2021
It has only been a month so it will take some more time. Would make sure you have very strong ties to Uganda if that is your home country, have good savings and hopefully you have a good record of international travel to countries like US, Western or Norther Europe, Australia, etc. Getting a TRV from Uganda can be difficult.
thank you .i do have strong ties to my home country but i have no travel history.iam travelling for the first time and it was supposed to be for xmas holidays and iam back but we are almost to christmas now.

Polarbear1

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
India
I applied from India on 26 November and biometrics done on 10 December. Reason stated is unification with immediate family member. My leave ( without pay) is about to start in 20 days and i don’t know what to do.
What is the timeline from India