+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa stay extension

anudeep singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I will be extending my moms stay beyond 6 months. What are the documents needed ? Is my moms bank statement from India is enough ? Also how many times I can extend my moms stay ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will be extending my moms stay beyond 6 months. What are the documents needed ? Is my moms bank statement from India is enough ? Also how many times I can extend my moms stay ?
You can try to extend her visitor status. The fact that it seems like she arrived with you when you moved back to Canada may create issues when it comes to this extension and future extensions since it will appear as she is trying to move to Canada with you. Whether you get this extension or further extensions is impossible to say but many years is unlikely.

anudeep singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
You can try to extend her visitor status. The fact that it seems like she arrived with you when you moved back to Canada may create issues when it comes to this extension and future extensions since it will appear as she is trying to move to Canada with you. Whether you get this extension or further extensions is impossible to say but many years is unlikely.
I will be extending her stay for first time. My question was what documents are required. Is just her bank statement is enough in funds proof ?