+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa stay extension

swaruphere

Sep 6, 2017
Hi All,

My mother came to Canada on February on visitor visa and due to Covid 19 she was not able to return on July as the flight got cancelled. We have applied for an extension of her stay here and got a request for biometrics. I am not able to get a place where we can get the biometrics done.

What should we do? in the IRCC website they said that if someone is within Canada or applying extension does not need to do the biometrics.

How do I reply in the submitted application as there is no way to reply.

Looking forward for your help. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Swarup

Kulkir

Jun 13, 2020
Hi . I am in the same boat .just waiting for there reply.paid biometric already but nothing opened. So let's see...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi . I am in the same boat .just waiting for there reply.paid biometric already but nothing opened. So let's see...
Many will be given an indefinite extension and processing the extension will continue while waiting fo the biometric to open or perhaps all in Canada will have biometeic request waived. Had they not done any biometrics in the past 10 years?

swaruphere

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Kulkir,

How do we pay for it? could you please help here? Do we need to upload the receipt somewhere?

Thanks
Swarup

swaruphere

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Kulkir,

I also paid while applying. They gave me time till October 20th. Is there anyway we can reply them or tell them because of the covid situation we are not able to have the biometrics till now.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi Kulkir,

I also paid while applying. They gave me time till October 20th. Is there anyway we can reply them or tell them because of the covid situation we are not able to have the biometrics till now.
I don't know if this helps but I consulted an immigration adviser (a reliable one) and she said those who applied for visitor records just have to wait until getting it approved or not. There's not much we can do. We are biometrics free-exempt.

Labonno

Aug 28, 2016
Hi,

I am a PR holder in Canada. My parents applied online for visit visa for Canada on July,2020. but they were unable to give biometric as VFS was closed at that time.
Their biometric last date mentioned in the application is on or before 30th October, 2020. I can't reach out the VFS authority for any update.

Could anyone please help me to advise what should we do in this scenario.

Regards
Labonno

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am a PR holder in Canada. My parents applied online for visit visa for Canada on July,2020. but they were unable to give biometric as VFS was closed at that time.
Their biometric last date mentioned in the application is on or before 30th October, 2020. I can't reach out the VFS authority for any update.

Could anyone please help me to advise what should we do in this scenario.

Regards
Labonno
CIC has extended the period to submit biometric in countries where VFS is closed.

Labonno

Aug 28, 2016
CIC has extended the period to submit biometric in countries where VFS is closed.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But how do I get to know about the biometric submission extension? I didn't get any email either from CIC or from the biometric authority from Bangladesh (in this case VFS Global Bangladesh).