+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa September 2023 applicants

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Still waiting for my parents visitor visa. Applied Aug 2023, Bio Sep 20th. No movement even eligibility has not started.

My mom was a member of parliment for 3 years and now I'm wondering if that's the reason the processing is taking this long. But eligibilty not started yet? Not sure if they even looked at the application.

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Any one else in this thread who applied in September but is still waiting for a decision? I applied for my parents-in-law on Sep 30 but no decision till now. The IRCC Portal says eligibility and background are in process. The IRCC Tracker says eligibility is completed but the background is in progress. Not sure what the heck is going on in there? Any leads/info will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Azka.C

Feb 21, 2024
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
App. Filed.......
23-09-2023
My timeline:
I applied for visitor visa from Pakistan on 23 September 2023
Biometric were done on 2 November
Application latest update on tracker was on 16 November 2023
Since then my eligibility and background check are both in progress, no new update
Have sent web form 2 times too
Anyone else who applied from Pakistan?

bilalsohail666

May 3, 2016
I applied for my parents and siblings on December 18, 2023 from Lahore. Got the Biometrics done on January 10, 2024 for 3 and January 20, 2024 for the 4th. Nothing was updated on the portal throughout this time, i believe only the Eligibility section went from "not started" to "we are currently reviewing..." after the biometrics but background was the same throughout "we are currently reviewing...". Got the Passport Request Letter dated February 29 on March 01, 2024, along with the Biometrics Validity Letter on the same day. Eligibility and Background are still the same "we are reviewing..". Update date - 29 February Decision Made

My timeline:
I applied for visitor visa from Pakistan on 23 September 2023
Biometric were done on 2 November
Application latest update on tracker was on 16 November 2023
Since then my eligibility and background check are both in progress, no new update
Have sent web form 2 times too
Anyone else who applied from Pakistan?

Reactions: Azka.C

newlaser

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10 2014
Hello All,

Question on visitor visa? Any idea for a visitor visa is it must to enter Canada within one year of visa issuance? My parents got a visitor visa recently but they will plan to travel only after a year. if they don't travel within one year of visa issuance, any challenges?

Azka.C

Feb 21, 2024
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
App. Filed.......
23-09-2023
Any one else in this thread who applied in September but is still waiting for a decision? I applied for my parents-in-law on Sep 30 but no decision till now. The IRCC Portal says eligibility and background are in process. The IRCC Tracker says eligibility is completed but the background is in progress. Not sure what the heck is going on in there? Any leads/info will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Any update? From where did you apply?

Reactions: Naturgrl

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Have you heard anything? I saw UK February 2023 applicants got approval in January 2024
No update yet. I tried to contact MP and I got just an confirmation email regarding application received.

My tracker got updated after doing an inquiry with MP and I came to know that my background check was completed ( tracker and portal still show in process)
Eligibility still not started after reaching out to MP hahaha.

Seems like they aren't listening to MP then how can we expect them to give us reply on webform !!

Again, It's London baby.

Have to wait nothing else.

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
No update yet. I tried to contact MP and I got just an confirmation email regarding application received.

My tracker got updated after doing an inquiry with MP and I came to know that my background check was completed ( tracker and portal still show in process)
Eligibility still not started after reaching out to MP hahaha.

Seems like they aren't listening to MP then how can we expect them to give us reply on webform !!

Again, It's London baby.

Have to wait nothing else.
How do you contact the MP?

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Parents applied Aug 31, 2023
Bio - Sep 20, 2023
Visa approved Feb 28, 2024.
Nationality Libyan - Processing VO Paris