+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa September 2023 applicants

brownn

Feb 10, 2020
My application status tracker shows an updated date of Oct 16 in the tracker for visitor visa.. the date that has been showing for a month was September 4. Did anyone else get any correspondence shortly after this date was updated?

Last edited:

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if it is the right place to ask! My cousin has a 5-year tourist visa on her passport. She just realized that the stamp on the opposite page left some stains on the visa, so my question is, should she replace the visa? if so, how? Just by applying for a new visa? I filled out the web form two weeks ago but have not heard anything since then! I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.

awadia

Jun 17, 2014
So she would have applied separately from your parents. She is not their dependant. This is most likely why she has not gotten a response. She shows her own funds, travel history and ties to home country.
They completed my parents and my sister's eligibility but they send passport request for parents as they already had visa before but they didn't send anything to my sister.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They completed my parents and my sister's eligibility but they send passport request for parents as they already had visa before but they didn't send anything to my sister.
Eligibility doesn’t mean approval So your sister has not been approved and may be refused if she is over 22 and didn’t apply separately from your parents. She will have to wait for IRCC for either passport request or refusal.

May 28, 2018
Hello everyone i m trying to upload 5257e form for my visitor visa application through gckey login it does validate but when i try to upload this pdf form..it give error invalid form can someone help me how to fix it

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hello everyone i m trying to upload 5257e form for my visitor visa application through gckey login it does validate but when i try to upload this pdf form..it give error invalid form can someone help me how to fix it
Maybe you are using older version of 5257, try to download directly from your GC account and fill it out and upload it after validating.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if it is the right place to ask! My cousin has a 5-year tourist visa on her passport. She just realized that the stamp on the opposite page left some stains on the visa, so my question is, should she replace the visa? if so, how? Just by applying for a new visa? I filled out the web form two weeks ago but have not heard anything since then! I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.
any idea, thoughts, or suggestions on this?

Br2515

Oct 20, 2023
Hi everyone, I applied for my mum’s visit visa from India. Timeline as below on tracker.
Application submitted- September 7, 2023
Biometrics on profile - September 7( Biometrics valid from my previous application)
Background check - In progress since September 7
Eligibility Started and Completed - October 6

No updates since October 6th and the background check has been in progress since my application was submitted. I previously applied for her visit visa in January 2021 and they rejected it in February 2023 stating she doesn’t have ties to return. However, I believe it’s because of the 2 year long processing time and the application and the reason for travel were obsolete.
Would really appreciate any suggestion/comment

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, I applied for my mum’s visit visa from India. Timeline as below on tracker.
Biometrics on profile - September 7( Biometrics valid from my previous application)

No updates since October 6th and the background check has been in progress since my application was submitted. I previously applied for her visit visa in January 2021 and they rejected it in February 2023 stating she doesn’t have ties to return. However, I believe it’s because of the 2 year long processing time and the application and the reason for travel were obsolete.
My in laws visa was rejected twice and approved the 3rd time. It took 2 months for the entire process to complete. The delays you may be experiencing should be because of the given situation going on and not the previous refusals.

Reactions: Br2515

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020

Did eligibitly status changed the same day from started to completed ? Was it not started since submission ?

Br2515

Oct 20, 2023
My in laws visa was rejected twice and approved the 3rd time. It took 2 months for the entire process to complete. The delays you may be experiencing should be because of the given situation going on and not the previous refusals.
That’s some calming news. Thanks. But yeah, with the given situation and Canada pulling out 41 diplomats, it might have a significant effect on the processing times.

Reactions: Sandy.gal