+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejection

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Right but you mentioned that your parents live in Nigeria, so not relevant. Not sure why you mentioned it. You say you have NZ PR which may be an issue because you cannot show ties in either country. Told you in past post how to order notes.
Where parents live is actually often relevant. If parents are living in Canada or have a supervisa that can have a negative impact on a TRV application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Today I got notified that my visitor visa application has been rejected with the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My Details :

Purpose of Visit : To visit my brother who is a Canadian PR holder who works and lives in Canada since 2014.

Duration : 15 Days

I am currently working in an IT firm since past 6 months in India. Before that I use to live in New Zealand and also hold New Zealand PR (mentioned in SOP). I am unmarried and also my parents live in Nigeria. I have provided the Offer letter of my employment and also No objection letter from them. I do not have anything else to show as ties in India.

I would really appreciate if members in this forum can help me better understand the reasons for rejection and some suggestions to address these issues if we decide to re apply
6 months is not a very long time. Why do your parents live in Nigeria and do they have status or any visas in Canada? Having PR in New Zealand likely creates concerns that you want to live abroad.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I just ordered GCMS through a private company. How long does it usually take to get the notes ?
And don't be shocked of the GCMS notes offer nothing not contained in the form letter denial you received. They are not always a source of further or detailed reasoning.

Mgillanders

Star Member
Jul 16, 2023
the other thing if your rejected and you feel it needs a redetermination
1) submit a webform requesting that and under what grounds you feel as it is contradictory to their own policy and quiote the policy location and what it says
2) find out the email addresses of the program manager director and ambassador and email them with read receipt turned on asking for that
then monitor your ircc tracker and gckey and portal
3) did you submit old way or new way?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
so what is the issue?
Can't say there is an "issue". But, almost invariably on this site, people are told that GCMS notes will contain fulsome decision reasoning not contained in the boilerplate form letter sent out by the IRCC. I accept that to be so in some cases. When my wife's TRV application was denied for the first time at the beginning of 2020, we ordered the notes. They contained absolutely nothing not contained in the form letter. I have seen others on this site report a similar experience. So, I am not saying don't order the notes; just do not pin a lot of hope on the notion they will offer some valuable insight that will help a future application. That is by no means assured.

Reactions: abhiramsai3

Mgillanders

Star Member
Jul 16, 2023
Can't say there is an "issue". But, almost invariably on this site, people are told that GCMS notes will contain fulsome decision reasoning not contained in the boilerplate form letter sent out by the IRCC. I accept that to be so in some cases. When my wife's TRV application was denied for the first time at the beginning of 2020, we ordered the notes. They contained absolutely nothing not contained in the form letter. I have seen others on this site report a similar experience. So, I am not saying don't order the notes; just do not pin a lot of hope on the notion they will offer some valuable insight that will help a future application. That is by no means assured.
I totally agree with ya it is due to them just using chinook and now cumulus (automation cause Im lazy software)

Peter 23

Jun 19, 2023
Hello,

Today I got notified that my visitor visa application has been rejected with the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My Details :

Purpose of Visit : To visit my brother who is a Canadian PR holder who works and lives in Canada since 2014.

Duration : 15 Days

I am currently working in an IT firm since past 6 months in India. Before that I use to live in New Zealand and also hold New Zealand PR (mentioned in SOP). I am unmarried and also my parents live in Nigeria. I have provided the Offer letter of my employment and also No objection letter from them. I do not have anything else to show as ties in India.

I would really appreciate if members in this forum can help me better understand the reasons for rejection and some suggestions to address these issues if we decide to re apply
@abhiramsai3 Order GCMS Notes, it helps. Bro is New Zealand a good country in terms of work?

This my email Iemohaikechukwu250@gmail.com inbox me please, i have a question i want to ask you about Nz thanks.

Waiting for your respond.

abhiramsai3

Sep 6, 2023
6 months is not a very long time. Why do your parents live in Nigeria and do they have status or any visas in Canada? Having PR in New Zealand likely creates concerns that you want to live abroad.
My father works in Nigeria. He is living in that country for 15 years. Recently they got approval for Canada visitor visa too. Do you think its a good idea to apply after 1 year if 6 months is not enough ?

abhiramsai3

Sep 6, 2023
Around 30 days. What is your citizenship? How did your brother immigrate? Do your parents have any visas in Canada?
I hold Indian citizenship. My brother went from Student(2014) -> PR Holder now. Yes my parents got Canada visitor approved recently.