+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejection

abhiramsai3

Sep 6, 2023
Hello,

Today I got notified that my visitor visa application has been rejected with the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My Details :

Purpose of Visit : To visit my brother who is a Canadian PR holder who works and lives in Canada since 2014.

Duration : 15 Days

I am currently working in an IT firm since past 6 months in India. Before that I use to live in New Zealand and also hold New Zealand PR (mentioned in SOP). I am unmarried and also my parents live in Nigeria. I have provided the Offer letter of my employment and also No objection letter from them. I do not have anything else to show as ties in India.

I would really appreciate if members in this forum can help me better understand the reasons for rejection and some suggestions to address these issues if we decide to re apply

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello,

Today I got notified that my visitor visa application has been rejected with the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My Details :

Purpose of Visit : To visit my brother who is a Canadian PR holder who works and lives in Canada since 2014.

I am currently working in an IT firm since past 6 months in India. Before that I use to live in New Zealand and also hold New Zealand PR (mentioned in SOP). I am unmarried and also my parents live in Nigeria. I have provided the Offer letter of my employment and also No objection letter from them. I do not have anything else to show as ties in India.

I would really appreciate if members in this forum can help me better understand the reasons for rejection and some suggestions to address these issues if we decide to re apply
Order GCMS notes to get the full details of refusal.

Reactions: abhiramsai3

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
Hello,

My Details :

Sorry for the refusal but i believe you should request for the GCMS Note to enable you no the actual cause of refusal. if you do not mind, please can you share your timeline with us. when did you submit your application? till date of final decision. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So where parents live are not relevant. Order GCMS notes. May be because you are not well established in India (and NZ if PR) if you have only been back for 6 months. Assume you showed employment letter with approved leave that will show that you are not a long term employee.

jainad

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
So where parents live are not relevant. Order GCMS notes. May be because you are not well established in India (and NZ if PR) if you have only been back for 6 months. Assume you showed employment letter with approved leave that will show that you are not a long term employee.
My visa got rejected, not my parents . I’m from India , not from NZ.
I want to apply for gcms notes.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My visa got rejected, not my parents . I’m from India , not from NZ.
I want to apply for gcms notes.
Right but you mentioned that your parents live in Nigeria, so not relevant. Not sure why you mentioned it. You say you have NZ PR which may be an issue because you cannot show ties in either country. Told you in past post how to order notes.

jainad

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Right but you mentioned that your parents live in Nigeria, so not relevant. Not sure why you mentioned it. You say you have NZ PR which may be an issue because you cannot show ties in either country. Told you in past post how to order notes.
What ? Where are you reading all these info ? See my post ID once . Thx

abhiramsai3

Sep 6, 2023
Sorry for the refusal but i believe you should request for the GCMS Note to enable you no the actual cause of refusal. if you do not mind, please can you share your timeline with us. when did you submit your application? till date of final decision. Thank you.
Sure. I'll request for GCMS Notes. Here is the timeline of my application

- 8th August : Applied through IRCC Website
- 9th August : Request for Biometrics
- 11th August : Biometrics given
- 5th September : Final Decision

Last edited:

abhiramsai3

Sep 6, 2023
Thanks for your reply . I'll order GCMS notes. Apart from Employment what else can I show as ties ? Lets say if a person doesn't have employment but like to visit Canada then what ties he/she can show ?

abhiramsai3

Sep 6, 2023
Google GCMS notes and use a company. Or your brother can order the notes through Access to Information if he is your representative. What is your nationality?
I just ordered GCMS through a private company. How long does it usually take to get the notes ?