+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejection.

layapatwa

Jan 26, 2019
Hello,

My son is a Permanent Resident of Canada. Upon invitation from my son, I had applied for a visitor visa to visit Canada for a few weeks. I received a message today from IRCC rejecting my application. They mentioned the following reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
(I had submitted my confirmed flight ticket departing from Canada going back to India)
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
(I had submitted my bank account details with funds well over rupees 3,000,000 or CAD 50,000)

This is very strange because flight ticket departing Canada has been mentioned as a valid document for purpose of visit. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC suggests not booking flights until you get a visa in their instructions. The amount of liquid funds is what is important because you must show that you can pay for your trip yourself. Have you travelled abroad to other countries that require visas similar to Canada like US, UK, Australia, etc. What was the length of trip you requested? Purpose of your visit?

layapatwa

Jan 26, 2019
IRCC suggests not booking flights until you get a visa in their instructions. The amount of liquid funds is what is important because you must show that you can pay for your trip yourself. Have you travelled abroad to other countries that require visas similar to Canada like US, UK, Australia, etc. What was the length of trip you requested? Purpose of your visit?
Thank you for your reply. I have never traveled to any other country before. I had suggested for a trip of 2-3 weeks. I just want to visit my son and visit a few tourist places with him and come back.

I had submitted only my bank account details. I have a couple of properties in my name which I manage myself. Will it help to submit their details?

Thom_AB

Oct 27, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I have never traveled to any other country before. I had suggested for a trip of 2-3 weeks. I just want to visit my son and visit a few tourist places with him and come back.

I had submitted only my bank account details. I have a couple of properties in my name which I manage myself. Will it help to submit their details?
As bongoman mentioned "Best thing to do is get the caips notes to see the officers reasoning." I would suggest you use this link to request for an internal note "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html" first.