+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejected

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Hello folks,

We applied for Visitor visa for my sis-in-law who has just finished her engineering in India. We received the following reply:

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

She is not working and so we provided the bank statements of her father. Also, me and my husband are working in Canada since we arrived in June 2018. We do not have any NOA as of now. We provided purpose of visit as "birth of our 1st child".

Should we re-apply? And what extra documents should we provide to satisfy the visa officer requirements?

Thanks,
Praseena

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello folks,

We applied for Visitor visa for my sis-in-law who has just finished her engineering in India. We received the following reply:

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

She is not working and so we provided the bank statements of her father. Also, me and my husband are working in Canada since we arrived in June 2018. We do not have any NOA as of now. We provided purpose of visit as "birth of our 1st child".

Should we re-apply? And what extra documents should we provide to satisfy the visa officer requirements?

Thanks,
Praseena
Unfortunately, your sister-in-law's applications indicates risks of her being a potential overstayer + working illegally.

1. She has recently graduated = No study ties to return home to

2. Not employed = No employment ties + no personal finances

3. Wanting to visit for the birth of your child = Working illegally as a visitor = Refusal for Purpose of visit

4. No property or other assets of her own

In short:
I recommend she does not reapply. She will most likely be refused again.

Instead you may want to invite another relative for a short visit, without stating the purpose of visit as the birth of your child or taking care of your wife. This relative must be able to demonstrate her strong ties to her home country + reasonable finances

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Unfortunately, your sister-in-law's applications indicates risks of her being a potential overstayer + working illegally.

1. She has recently graduated = No study ties to return home to

2. Not employed = No employment ties + no personal finances

3. Wanting to visit for the birth of your child = Working illegally as a visitor = Refusal for Purpose of visit

4. No property or other assets of her own

In short:
I recommend she does not reapply. She will most likely be refused again.

Instead you may want to invite another relative for a short visit, without stating the purpose of visit as the birth of your child or taking care of your wife. This relative must be able to demonstrate her strong ties to her home country + reasonable finances
Can we use this same purpose of visit for a supervisa for my mother or in-laws?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can we use this same purpose of visit for a supervisa for my mother or in-laws?
Is there logic in mentioning about taking care of the daughter/newborn when this reason has resulted in refusals for purpose of visit? It is presumed the visitor would be working illegally

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Is there logic in mentioning about taking care of the daughter/newborn when this reason has resulted in refusals for purpose of visit? It is presumed the visitor would be working illegally
We read at many places that for parent's super visa, presence at the birth of the grandchild is a very good reason to visit Canada. So we added that as a purpose of visit and applied. Hope to get a positive response. *fingers crossed*

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
And we did not expect that at least in case of parents, it would be presumed as working illegally, since we have all the proof of relationship documents as well.