+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa rejected - Section 179(b)

kumarraj

Apr 17, 2019
Hello,

I recently applied for a visitor visa to canada for myself and my wife. The reason for our visit is to attend my brother-in-law's graduation taking place in june, 2019. We have a daughter who is 1.5 years old and we are leaving her in our parents custody during our visit to canada. We intended to stay visit him for two weeks. We provided all necessary documents like,

1. My business registration
2. My wife bank employee - salary.
3. Brother-in-law invitation letter- stating his graduation and he would help us with stay and food.
4. bank statement
5. other family details

But our visa was rejected stating
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
    • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
    • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I would like to know where I went wrong with providing my details.Can you help me with this. Thank you

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi, thanks for taking time to reply. I have updated my thread, please read through again. The previous one was wrong. Sorry for misinformation
How did you post an incorrect rejection letter?

The same question remains, where are you and what is your citizenship.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Great. Where did you find the rejection letter based on immigration status?

Also, provide additional details like all forms you provided, evidence of assets, etc., what you stated the purpose of visit, etc. The full picture of what you submitted is important for anyone here to provide you with any advice.

kumarraj

Apr 17, 2019
Great. Where did you find the rejection letter based on immigration status?

Also, provide additional details like all forms you provided, evidence of assets, etc., what you stated the purpose of visit, etc. The full picture of what you submitted is important for anyone here to provide you with any advice.
I didn't show much asset i only showed that i have business in my country and i thought that is enough. where do you show the asset? how?
i showed an amount of 8000 dollars for my stay of two weeks in canada.
purpose of visit - i got a letter from my brother in law where he stated his graduation and also provided his passport and stuff.

rejection letter immigration status - i miscoppied from someone else's while searching for more details on the web.

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I didn't show much asset i only showed that i have business in my country and i thought that is enough. where do you show the asset? how?
i showed an amount of 8000 dollars for my stay of two weeks in canada.
purpose of visit - i got a letter from my brother in law where he stated his graduation and also provided his passport and stuff.

rejection letter immigration status - i miscoppied from someone else's while searching for more details on the web.
Your assets in India should be part of your proof of financial support and other information. Most people provide proof of owning a house, ownership of the business, paycheques, income statements, etc. What you need to do is prove that there are reasons why you would return to your home country instead of staying in Canada.

When you have family who promise to pay for everything, then the visa officer wonders if there is a reason for you to return to Canada. So you have to provide reasons why you would go back.

kumarraj

Apr 17, 2019
Your assets in India should be part of your proof of financial support and other information. Most people provide proof of owning a house, ownership of the business, paycheques, income statements, etc. What you need to do is prove that there are reasons why you would return to your home country instead of staying in Canada.

When you have family who promise to pay for everything, then the visa officer wonders if there is a reason for you to return to Canada. So you have to provide reasons why you would go back.
Thanks a lot

What about my financial status - do i need to show more amount in my bank?
And purpose of visit?