+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejected of spouse.

hbv_9

Aug 16, 2018
Hello,

I am an MBA student for Fall 2018 at Carleton University Ottawa. I applied for visitor visa for my spouse after receiving my visa showing that she is planning to travel to canada with purpose of visiting me and tourism.

Her visa got rejected and reason provided was :-
1) Travel History
2) Purpose of visit

1) Travel History :- She has traveled to many countries like Sri Lanka and UAE. Within 1 last year she has also traveled to countries like France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece and Thailand.

My say :- I don't think that this travel is weak at all.

2) Purpose of visit :- She mentioned that she is planning to visit ottawa to meet her husband i.e ME and then travel to Toronto and Niagra for tourism purpose. She also mentioned that she is planning to visit along with her in laws who already has their visitor permit. We provided hotel booking for ottawa, toronto and Niagra (pay at hotel reservation) in the document.

My say:- I don't know what went wrong here.

Other Information
1) She has a business here related to horticulture- proofs were provided.
2) Marriage certificate was provided.
3) Her in-laws family visa were also provided.

Solutions coming up in my mind are :-
1) Nothing can be done to change travel history
2) We can book the hotels by paying at first rather than going with pay at property option
3) Earlier her main purpose of visit showed was tourism but I think this time I should show her main purpose is to visit family i.e me. For this I can send the invitation letter too. P.S For her "purpose of visit" is tourism than invitation letter is not required but if it is "Meet a family member" than invitation is letter is required.

I hope I have presented my case in as simple way as possible. Hoping for some help.
Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did she apply to go to Canada in August or September? It may seem like she is moving with you and your in-laws are comings well.

hbv_9

Aug 16, 2018
Did she apply to go to Canada in August or September? It may seem like she is moving with you and your in-laws are comings well.
Yes, Did showed the booking for september end. If it is the reason than should I show the plan for december ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would be best for it to coincide with school holiday. You will be very busy so probably best for you as well. Applying for a visitor visa before you even went to school may have caused concern. I would order the GCMS notes to see why you were refused before reapplying but that is my guess.

hbv_9

Aug 16, 2018
Would be best for it to coincide with school holiday. You will be very busy so probably best for you as well. Applying for a visitor visa before you even went to school may have caused concern. I would order the GCMS notes to see why you were refused before reapplying but that is my guess.
'
hmm. thats a good idea. I don't have much knowledge about GCMS notes. According to me it will provide me detail of my application and reason for rejection. Also, is GCMS notes same as the correspondence letter provided on rejection ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
'
hmm. thats a good idea. I don't have much knowledge about GCMS notes. According to me it will provide me detail of my application and reason for rejection. Also, is GCMS notes same as the correspondence letter provided on rejection ?
Rejection letter is generic. The GCMS notes usually show the officer’s rationale in rejecting the file.

As for travel history—Sri Lanka and UAE don’t count. They are looking for short travels to visa-required countries for similar purposes. Has she been issued just one Schengen visa in her life? How long was her trip to Europe? What was her purpose there? Did she travel with you?
If she’s had other US, UK, etc. visas in the last 10 years, they may count as well, not just the last 5 years.

I agree with the above post that she has to overcome the circumstances in which she may possibly move to Canada with you. Did she show her own finances? Business permits? Client invoices, etc.

Pre-paying the hotels or flights don’t help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
'
With your wife wanting to accompany your parents, it would seem like your entire family is moving with you for the duration of your study program.

Unless your wife has exceptionally strong ties, it's pretty obvious that she won't be visiting you as a tourist, but she will apply for a SOWP when she arrives

Reactions: bellaluna

hbv_9

Aug 16, 2018
Rejection letter is generic. The GCMS notes usually show the officer’s rationale in rejecting the file.

As for travel history—Sri Lanka and UAE don’t count. They are looking for short travels to visa-required countries for similar purposes. Has she been issued just one Schengen visa in her life? How long was her trip to Europe? What was her purpose there? Did she travel with you?
If she’s had other US, UK, etc. visas in the last 10 years, they may count as well, not just the last 5 years.

I agree with the above post that she has to overcome the circumstances in which she may possibly move to Canada with you. Did she show her own finances? Business permits? Client invoices, etc.

Pre-paying the hotels or flights don’t help.

SHe has been issued 1 schengen visa last year, SHe travelled with me for 1 month. It was our holiday. Also she visited Thailand this year again with me.

She showed her finances and she has her own business here. Proofs were attached including loans, client invoices etc

hbv_9

Aug 16, 2018
With your wife wanting to accompany your parents, it would seem like your entire family is moving with you for the duration of your study program.

Unless your wife has exceptionally strong ties, it's pretty obvious that she won't be visiting you as a tourist, but she will apply for a SOWP when she arrives
Suppose if she wants to work there. Should we apply for SOWP from India itself ? Currently SOWP is our secondary option