+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejected - Applied March 27, 2022 and received a response on June 27th 2022

Nileshkumar91

Sep 23, 2014
Hi All,

I had applied Visitor Visa for my father in law and mother in law, as they both are coming to be with us during our first pregnancy which is due in early October 2022.

In their Visitor Visa Application, i had explicitly mentioned that they are coming to help us through the first pregnancy as we both (myself and my wife) are fulltime working and have no experience handling pregnancy.

Documents Provided:
1. Bank Balance worth 20,000 CAD- 10K in my bank account and 10K in my wife bank account, also mentioned that we will be taking care of their financials in my explanation letter during their 4 months stay (September 2022 to December 2022)
2. Attached my father in law personal tax return and his business tax return.
3. last 6 paystubs for me and my wife and offer letters stating our annual salary.
4. Also attached his business balance sheet which shows 1.15 Cr in assets
5. ultra sound was also attached to support our reason for parents visit (Pregnancy)

Rejection Reason:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Question: I am confused on their reason for rejection when we showed so much financials (CAD 20,000) and our annual salary is also CAD 200,000 per annum combined? should we reapply under Visitor Visa- showing cash balances in my father in law and mother in law bank account, a CA letter showing assets back in India, as my wife's brothers (3) all live with his parents back in India and they all have business, and add a doctor's note stating that me and my wife need help during our pregnancy?-Hoping their visa comes in time before October 1st week.

or should i get upfront medical done and purchase Super visa insurance and apply under super visa? my only worry is that if it does not come in time. As its super Visa?

any help would be appreciated:)

Thank you all!!

Regards,
Nilesh

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Hello
Do not mention that you are taking care of them in visitor visa unless applying for super visa.
I had the same reason for the refusal of my parents visa last month, going to apply supervisa for them.
good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I had applied Visitor Visa for my father in law and mother in law, as they both are coming to be with us during our first pregnancy which is due in early October 2022.

In their Visitor Visa Application, i had explicitly mentioned that they are coming to help us through the first pregnancy as we both (myself and my wife) are fulltime working and have no experience handling pregnancy.

Documents Provided:
1. Bank Balance worth 20,000 CAD- 10K in my bank account and 10K in my wife bank account, also mentioned that we will be taking care of their financials in my explanation letter during their 4 months stay (September 2022 to December 2022)
2. Attached my father in law personal tax return and his business tax return.
3. last 6 paystubs for me and my wife and offer letters stating our annual salary.
4. Also attached his business balance sheet which shows 1.15 Cr in assets
5. ultra sound was also attached to support our reason for parents visit (Pregnancy)

Rejection Reason:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Question: I am confused on their reason for rejection when we showed so much financials (CAD 20,000) and our annual salary is also CAD 200,000 per annum combined? should we reapply under Visitor Visa- showing cash balances in my father in law and mother in law bank account, a CA letter showing assets back in India, as my wife's brothers (3) all live with his parents back in India and they all have business, and add a doctor's note stating that me and my wife need help during our pregnancy?-Hoping their visa comes in time before October 1st week.

or should i get upfront medical done and purchase Super visa insurance and apply under super visa? my only worry is that if it does not come in time. As its super Visa?

any help would be appreciated:)

Thank you all!!

Regards,
Nilesh
Visitor visa is dependent on MIL and FIL’s personal liquid savings and other assets. Your finances are secondary. Business accounts and savings are also irrelevant since they should not be accessing a business account for personal matters. The other big issue is that you have essentially declared that your in-laws are coming to help us since you have no experience. That is considered working. Parents can come and support their children emotionally during a pregnancy but can’t come to care for the baby, cook/clean, etc. all which could be done by paid individuals in Canada. Would have been better just to say that they want to meet their new grandchild. Getting a letter from a physician about a pregnancy or including documentation about pregnancy often creates more problems unless there is a medical need for the visit like hospitalization.

Reactions: Nileshkumar91

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Do not mention that you are taking care of them in visitor visa unless applying for super visa.
I had the same reason for the refusal of my parents visa last month, going to apply supervisa for them.
good luck
Even with a supervisa you should not mention that either.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Ho
Even with a supervisa you should not mention that either.
1. In the financial :Sponsor need to support the visit, so in the financial section can we just write son is sponsoring the visit, invitation and support letter attached?
Also I declared in the invitation letter that I will be responsible for the expenses during the visit.
* I understood taking care as supporting the visit or bearing the expenses of the visit?
Could please suggest me on the 1st point
thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ho

1. In the financial :Sponsor need to support the visit, so in the financial section can we just write son is sponsoring the visit, invitation and support letter attached?
Also I declared in the invitation letter that I will be responsible for the expenses during the visit.
* I understood taking care as supporting the visit or bearing the expenses of the visit?
Could please suggest me on the 1st point
thank you.
You need to provide proof of LICO for a supervisa. There is no need to specify that you will be paying all their expenses. Still beneficial for your parents to have their own funds even with a supervisa.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
so in the new portal, there a finance section, what can I write there.. its asking who is supporting your visit.?

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
You need to provide proof of LICO for a supervisa. There is no need to specify that you will be paying all their expenses. Still beneficial for your parents to have their own funds even with a supervisa.
I mean these question, how should I go about this.
should I mention my account balance, and if I say yes what details can I give?
Thank you

* How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) (required)

* Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? (required)
When you give us proof of your financial documents, make sure to tell us who's providing the money (if it's not you).Yes No
* Please provide details. (required)

3 of 500 characters used

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so in the new portal, there a finance section, what can I write there.. its asking who is supporting your visit.?
For a supervisa I would but with your name or you can put both you and you4 in-laws.. I would include proof of both you and your in-law’s savings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I mean these question, how should I go about this.
should I mention my account balance, and if I say yes what details can I give?
Thank you

* How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) (required)

Your parents should put their own funds and if they own a home or property I would include that as well.

* Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? (required)When you give us proof of your financial documents, make sure to tell us who's providing the money (if it's not you).Yes No
* Please provide details. (required)

Include proof of your savings, copy of your NOA, other assets.

3 of 500 characters used

rememberme

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
I applied for my parents super visa on February. Still this is in processing. Recently, last month IRCC requested for medical exam to be done within 30days. Both my parents complied and completed the exams within days of request. The designated clinic had said that they would upload the results in time. However, when I am checking online, it is showing that IRCC has not received the results of the medical exam for my mother, though my father's showing that he passed the medical exam. This is weird. My parents went to the same clinic and did the test at the same time. But how is it possible that IRCC received the results for only one of them? Have any one of you faced similar issue? DO you know what can be done now? I am just concerned because it says in the medical form that if they don't receive the results within the designated timeline (30days) it may result in refusal of the visa.

Nileshkumar91

Sep 23, 2014
Visitor visa is dependent on MIL and FIL’s personal liquid savings and other assets. Your finances are secondary. Business accounts and savings are also irrelevant since they should not be accessing a business account for personal matters. The other big issue is that you have essentially declared that your in-laws are coming to help us since you have no experience. That is considered working. Parents can come and support their children emotionally during a pregnancy but can’t come to care for the baby, cook/clean, etc. all which could be done by paid individuals in Canada. Would have been better just to say that they want to meet their new grandchild. Getting a letter from a physician about a pregnancy or including documentation about pregnancy often creates more problems unless there is a medical need for the visit like hospitalization.
Hi

So, when i applied for Visitor Visa for the first time i gave this as a reason "

-Mother in law and Father in law are applying for a Tourist Visa so that they can visit us from 1 August 2022 to 30 November 2022 and be with us during my first pregnancy. I have not visited my parents since I moved to Canada. It will be very helpful to have my parents be with us during this challenging time. As myself and my husband have no experience on managing the pregnancy. We have attached the latest ultrasound as support below. My parents are fully vaccinated. I have also attached vaccination certificates below.

-Myself and my husband are both full-time working professionals with annual income of (XX and XX per annum) respectively. I have attached last three pay cheques under proof of funds and pay stubs pdf file.

- We hereby promise to provide them with all the financial support during their entire stay in Canada. Have attached bank supporting documents showing CAD $20,000 under proof of funds and pay stubs pdf file.

- My mom (Kamla Shankarlal Prajapat) is a homemaker, and my dad (Shankarlal Pemaji Prajapat) is a business owner- Swastik Steel & Appliances back in India. Have attached his personal Income tax return and Business registration including balance sheet of Swastik Steel & Appliances for your reference below. "

I am planning to reapply with slight change in my reason for visit, they are coming to meet the newborn and be with us for a month. As i have not seen my parents since i moved to Canada in October 2019.

Question: Are you allowed to change the reason for the visit when reapplying for visitor visa second time? As last time i mentioned that it will be good to have our parents with us during our first pregnancy (read above for exact words submitted)?