+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused

shivam02

Feb 4, 2023
Hi,

My application for a visitor visa to Canada is refused stating the following reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I have submitted financial proof of about 5000 CAD and a travel plan which states that I am going to stay with my brother for a month.

What can I do next? Should I raise an IRCC webform asking what else can I provide to prove that I am not going to overstay my welcome?

Thanks

Reactions: Realbuggu

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

My application for a visitor visa to Canada is refused stating the following reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I have submitted financial proof of about 5000 CAD and a travel plan which states that I am going to stay with my brother for a month.

What can I do next? Should I raise an IRCC webform asking what else can I provide to prove that I am not going to overstay my welcome?

Thanks
5000 is way too low for a month long visit. Is that all your savings because you need to show that you can afford a trip but not use all savings. Did this include airfare? Did you include ties to home country - job letter with approved leave, family ties (spouse/children), investments, properties.

No sense in raising a webform. Reapply when you have more funds.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your financial situation is a huge issue but there also seems to be concerns that you are intending to try and find employment and remain in Canada.

oik100

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi,

Thanks
Wats your timeline

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
Sometimes it just the officer that processing the file...I knew of someone who visited Canada on a 5 years visa and only visited twice out of the 5 years....for only two weeks...after the visa was expired he replied with and was denied a visa and received that same excuse...stating everything that written in the letter..but when he got the visa first he didn't have a child...now he have a child and a common law with more assets and funds but they refused his visa this time...it's just the emotional feelings of ur case officer...

Reactions: PR_aspirent

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sometimes it just the officer that processing the file...I knew of someone who visited Canada on a 5 years visa and only visited twice out of the 5 years....for only two weeks...after the visa was expired he replied with and was denied a visa and received that same excuse...stating everything that written in the letter..but when he got the visa first he didn't have a child...now he have a child and a common law with more assets and funds but they refused his visa this time...it's just the emotional feelings of ur case officer...
For the OP, it wasn’t about officer’s ”feelings”. He only showed $5k not including cost of the airfare for a one month visit. He is spending all his savings to visit Canada.

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
For the OP, it wasn’t about officer’s ”feelings”. He only showed $5k not including cost of the airfare for a one month visit. He is spending all his savings to visit Canada.
I just used an example of a friend who was approved b4 with a 5 years visa and used it twice and was refused a visa after it expired stating the letter they give to everyone who they denied also some people have nothing and get the visa

PR_aspirent

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
do you have updates on this particular case on what happened after? reapplied and VISA approve? i am in a similar condition. your input will be of help.

Reactions: Rhny