Sep 4, 2021
I was refused a visitor visa recently. The reason they gave is :

1. Travel History
2. Finance and Assets
3. Purpose of visit

Here is my profile:
1. I'm a business man for the past 23 years
2. Provided my last 3 years income tax returns
3. Provided my Bank Fixed Deposit worth of CAD $80,000 balance remaining for past 1 year
4. Provided my last 6 months Savings Account Statement worth CAD $24,000 balance remaining for past 6 months.
5. Gave my last 6 months business bank account statements CAD $40,000 balance remaining for past 6 months
6. Gave my credit card statements for the last 6 months with an available credit limit of CAD $15,000
7. Provided my Business Registration Certificate
8. All my 12 properties worth CAD $800,000
9. 4 of my company vehicles and 2 of my personal vehicles
10. My sister's invitation letter stating that I'm coming along with my family to join her daughter's wedding which will be held at their house due to the current pandemic
11. All her Canadian documents (Canada passport, her house deed, her employment letter etc)
12. Duration of visit 3 weeks
13. My family travel details are - Malaysia, UAE, France, Italy, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Spain and Singapore (all for tourism between 10 to 22 days fem years 2016 to 2020 Jan)
14. Personal covering letter

My refusal from 2015 to 2018
1. USA 6 times
2. CANADA 2 times
3. NEW ZEALAND 1 TIME
4. AUSTRALIA 2 TIMES

all refusal letters stated they were based on lack of travel history for tourism

Can someone provide an opinion in this

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly, you have so many refusals that you look desperate. Did you apply alone? Properties, vehicles and company funds are not personal assets or fluid funds. How much in personal assets- $24K?

Mfzhrf

Sep 4, 2021
1. Out of 12 of my assets, 8 are personal and 4 are business
2. Personal liquid funds in Fixed Deposit CAD $80,000 and in personal liquid funds in Savings Account CAD $24000. So the personal liquid funds adds up to CAD $104,000
3. I applied with my family (wife and 2 children where they have travelled to the same countries as myself)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So are the fixed deposits readily available to you? So you can take the money out tomorrow. If not $24k for 4 people is not enough for a visit after you pay for airfare, accommodations and other expenses. You have no travel history to visa countries and have been refused so many times. Have all your family members been refused that many times?

Mfzhrf

Sep 4, 2021
Fixed Deposit is readily available liquid funds in the bank and withdrawals can be done then and there anytime in the bank.

I have travelled to visa required countries like France, Italy and Spain with my family for tourism.

And only I have been refused visas prior. None of my family members.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Fixed Deposit is readily available liquid funds in the bank and withdrawals can be done then and there anytime in the bank.

I have travelled to visa required countries like France, Italy and Spain with my family for tourism.

And only I have been refused visas prior. None of my family members.
You have travelled but you have been issued a lot of refusals to the 5 Eyes (UK, Canada, US, NZ, Australia). These countries share immigration information and these are the countries officials want to see travel to. Funds are the issue as even for a 3 week visit for 4 people is expensive. You have not applied since 2018 so all you can do is apply again.

Mfzhrf

Sep 4, 2021
But my sister is providing me accomodation and full support during our whole stay in Canada including transport and any other expenses. This has been supported by her bank statements which reflects CAD $32000 as her current balance and her last 3 months salary slip where she earns CAD $88000 per year. She even included that in the letter of invitation she provided. That's why I was confused why the funds were not enough. Because the expense from our side will only be the air tickets and some shopping.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But my sister is providing me accomodation and full support during our whole stay in Canada including transport and any other expenses. This has been supported by her bank statements which reflects CAD $32000 as her current balance and her last 3 months salary slip where she earns CAD $88000 per year. She even included that in the letter of invitation she provided. That's why I was confused why the funds were not enough. Because the expense from our side will only be the air tickets and some shopping.
Because your sister’s funds are not your funds. She can issue a letter of invitation but you still need to show the funds even if she is says she is paying for everything.

Mfzhrf

Sep 4, 2021
Then apart from my personal liquid funds of CAD $104,000 which you say is not enough for my expenses; how much will be sufficient? Any recommendations

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Then apart from my personal liquid funds of CAD $104,000 which you say is not enough for my expenses; how much will be sufficient? Any recommendations
In my opinion, the main issue is your 10+ previous refusals.

Are you living in your home country or are you living / working in a different country right now?

How did your sister obtain PR? Through which immigration program?

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Because your sister’s funds are not your funds. She can issue a letter of invitation but you still need to show the funds even if she is says she is paying for everything.
I think the OP has plenty of liquid funds for the planned trip and invitation letter from sister showing she plans to provide accommodation and take care of local expenses is also good enough. Not sure why @Naturgrl thinks this is not sufficient. @Mfzhrf if I was you, I would seek help from an immigration law firm, who can get to the bottom of your refusals. Clearly the reasons of your refusal are not lack of funds as suggested by @Naturgrl

There is more to your applications including past rejections that we all are not privy to and only an experience legal expert can correctly guide you. So don't get disheartened by people telling your funds were not enough. Like @scylla rightly suggested, find answer to other possible reasons for your rejection.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think the OP has plenty of liquid funds for the planned trip and invitation letter from sister showing she plans to provide accommodation and take care of local expenses is also good enough. Not sure why @Naturgrl thinks this is not sufficient. @Mfzhrf if I was you, I would seek help from an immigration law firm, who can get to the bottom of your refusals. Clearly the reasons of your refusal are not lack of funds as suggested by @Naturgrl

There is more to your applications including past rejections that we all are not privy to and only an experience legal expert can correctly guide you. So don't get disheartened by people telling your funds were not enough. Like @scylla rightly suggested, find answer to other possible reasons for your rejection.
I agree and stated in my first post that 10+ refusal is an issue.

Mfzhrf

Sep 4, 2021
Thank You Startup_Visa. You advice is very much appreciated. Your advice seems to be a positive motivation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was refused a visitor visa recently. The reason they gave is :

1. Travel History
2. Finance and Assets
3. Purpose of visit

Here is my profile:
1. I'm a business man for the past 23 years
2. Provided my last 3 years income tax returns
3. Provided my Bank Fixed Deposit worth of CAD $80,000 balance remaining for past 1 year
4. Provided my last 6 months Savings Account Statement worth CAD $24,000 balance remaining for past 6 months.
5. Gave my last 6 months business bank account statements CAD $40,000 balance remaining for past 6 months
6. Gave my credit card statements for the last 6 months with an available credit limit of CAD $15,000
7. Provided my Business Registration Certificate
8. All my 12 properties worth CAD $800,000
9. 4 of my company vehicles and 2 of my personal vehicles
10. My sister's invitation letter stating that I'm coming along with my family to join her daughter's wedding which will be held at their house due to the current pandemic
11. All her Canadian documents (Canada passport, her house deed, her employment letter etc)
12. Duration of visit 3 weeks
13. My family travel details are - Malaysia, UAE, France, Italy, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Spain and Singapore (all for tourism between 10 to 22 days fem years 2016 to 2020 Jan)
14. Personal covering letter

My refusal from 2015 to 2018
1. USA 6 times
2. CANADA 2 times
3. NEW ZEALAND 1 TIME
4. AUSTRALIA 2 TIMES

all refusal letters stated they were based on lack of travel history for tourism

Can someone provide an opinion in this
What is your citizenship and where are you living? Have you all be vaccinated with AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson and Johnson?