+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused

anmolak

Feb 14, 2020
Recently i had applied for a tourist visa to meet my 2 childhood friends in canada. But it got refused as per para 179(b) of IRPR.
My friends are Canadian PR residents whom i haven't met in the last 5 years. We were planning a tour within Canada. I had attached my friend's invitation letter and his PR details, my recent bank statements showing current transactions. My employer details. My education details etc.
But still it got refused. I dont understand why. What did i do wrong?

Agustavo

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Could not have a clear overview of your profile

But so far I can say that you did not satisfy enough the officer that you have strong reasons to leave canadá but strong reasons to remain in canada

Check your ties in your country
Your financial assets
Purpose of your trip

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Could not have a clear overview of your profile

But so far I can say that you did not satisfy enough the officer that you have strong reasons to leave canadá but strong reasons to remain in canada

Check your ties in your country
Your financial assets
Purpose of your trip
I agree here because I was refused visa (having same info like you) but got approved in second try after providing info about refusal.

as you said 179 but did not inform which one so no one comments here for more

nidhi1213

Jan 15, 2020
I agree here because I was refused visa (having same info like you) but got approved in second try after providing info about refusal.

as you said 179 but did not inform which one so no one comments here for more
what more paperwork you did second time, and which mode you applied second time , mine also refused on same grounds

nmatter

May 12, 2019
what more paperwork you did second time, and which mode you applied second time , mine also refused on same grounds
both time I use online method , documents remain same except one additional letter with explanation about their refusal

lkrishnak

Feb 18, 2020
I tried visitor visa twice in the last month. I genuinely want to spend maximum 10 days in Canda, and a longer duration in US, for which I have a 10 year multiple entry visa. I submitted all documents about financials, properties etc and my age is over 50, which means, I have no intention to start anything new in any country.

But yet my visa was refused

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I tried visitor visa twice in the last month. I genuinely want to spend maximum 10 days in Canda, and a longer duration in US, for which I have a 10 year multiple entry visa. I submitted all documents about financials, properties etc and my age is over 50, which means, I have no intention to start anything new in any country.

But yet my visa was refused
Without information on refusal reasons and your case nobody can really comment.

lkrishnak

Feb 18, 2020
This is the reason I got.

Grounds for refusal:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is the reason I got.

Grounds for refusal:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
We need a ton more information. Job info, savings, own property?, reason for visit and for how long, other international travel in the past 5-10 years.

lkrishnak

Feb 18, 2020
We need a ton more information. Job info, savings, own property?, reason for visit and for how long, other international travel in the past 5-10 years.
Savings account details alongwith Investments in Shares, and property details shared alongwith Tax Returns of last 2 years. Other international travel details of Europe and Singapore, with dates of travel also shared. Was working till end Jan, but quit to take up own consulting assignments and this too was mentioned.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Savings account details alongwith Investments in Shares, and property details shared alongwith Tax Returns of last 2 years. Other international travel details of Europe and Singapore, with dates of travel also shared. Was working till end Jan, but quit to take up own consulting assignments and this too was mentioned.
Was the travel n Europe for tourism? Western Europe? How much approximately did you show in liquid funds. The fact that you are consulting doesn’t create a lot of ties. Most can work remotely. Do you have a family? Are they staying at hoke or coming with you? Could be your country of origin. You may just need to visit the US only.

lkrishnak

Feb 18, 2020
Was the travel n Europe for tourism? Western Europe? How much approximately did you show in liquid funds. The fact that you are consulting doesn’t create a lot of ties. Most can work remotely. Do you have a family? Are they staying at hoke or coming with you? Could be your country of origin. You may just need to visit the US only.
Europe trip was tourism for 10 days in Britain and France only. I showed a total of Canadian $ in excess of 100,000. As my work experience is almost over at the age of 55, I have no choice but to do own consulting. Family is in India, with child going to school and we all stay together.

I still believe my application was strong, but for some reason got refused. I got my US Visa valid for 10 years easily in a 5 minute conversation with few details, 15 days ago.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Europe trip was tourism for 10 days in Britain and France only. I showed a total of Canadian $ in excess of 100,000. As my work experience is almost over at the age of 55, I have no choice but to do own consulting. Family is in India, with child going to school and we all stay together.

I still believe my application was strong, but for some reason got refused. I got my US Visa valid for 10 years easily in a 5 minute conversation with few details, 15 days ago.
US visas are much easier to get. Is the money in a person account and in liquid cash? Assume you whole family is going. Did you travel to Europe as a whole family? Have you applied for PR or work visa in Canada in the past 5 years? Ever claimed asylum or overstayed a visa? If not I’m not sure why you were refused.

lkrishnak

Feb 18, 2020
US visas are much easier to get. Is the money in a person account and in liquid cash? Assume you whole family is going. Did you travel to Europe as a whole family? Have you applied for PR or work visa in Canada in the past 5 years? Ever claimed asylum or overstayed a visa? If not I’m not sure why you were refused.
Yes in Bank Account and investments in my name. My whole family is not going, as my child is in the last year of school and has final exams. For europe trip, all of the family travelled and returned. Never, never applied for a canada visa earlier. This is my first step. No asylum or overstayed anywhere.. All my trips were maximum for 10 days only...

Can they reconsider my application. If so what is the process ?