+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused

Minhas2019

Feb 19, 2019
I applied for a visitor visa from Pakistan with my family (wife and 2 kids) to meet my brother who is a permanent resident of canada. My brother sent me an invitation letter. I got refused on the following grounds

• I am not satified you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
  • I am not satified you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
  • I am not satified you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am going to reapply again so I need help.

I am an owner of a software company in Pakistan and my wife is a teacher in a college. We were planning to spend summer holidays this year in Canada to meet friends and my brother's family in toronto.

I am also confused about first point as I have traveled to countries like Singapore, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia etc in the past and always returned with my family and never overstayed. I also been to USA and got my masters degree there and also been to Canada in the past on a visit.

Not sure what I can do to convince the visa officer that I will be returning back. What shall I mention purpose of visit as I am just meeting my brothers family and will be staying with him?

Can anyone guide me as to what documents shall I submit to convince them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long a visit did you request?

Minhas2019

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks Buletruck.

So you are saying thats the main reason? What about the travel history and purpose of visit (point 1 and 3)?

If I apply again and reduce the visit period to 2-3 Weeks, will that be sufficient enough to convince them?

My brother works for the Government of Canada. Do you think an official letter or an undertaking that me and my family would return would further strengthen the case?

Minhas2019

Feb 19, 2019
I just need to know should I wait for certain period or reapply again now by specifying a visit of 2 weeks (instead of 2 months mistake which I made). ?